Diarmadhim Introduction - Page 6 of 7

I'm not going to be able to play any - Page 6 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 27th Mar, 2017 - 12:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 294
Flag Posts: 2,673
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 20.5%
[+] Gain: 2,421.53 FP
Charm: 25

Diarmadhim Introduction - Page 6

Diarmadhim, I rather him be on his own rather than under anyone's control but ultimately that's up to the Dungeon Master.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 9th Jan, 2015 - 4:27am
Signature: Call me sentimental.
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Diarmadhim

You know you'd be able to do all of that. All I need is Zork as a NPC to fill a role. He won't have to actually do anything and would only need to come into town one week a month biggrin.gif.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Diarmadhim Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Diarmadhim, I saw what you said in the Do Video Games Teach You About Life? - Page 2 of 2 Thread:
international QUOTE (Diarmadhim)
All four of them are autistic, so we have used games to help teach them social skills.

That is very challenging. May I ask what their age range is, if they are going to school, get access to therapy, etc? You may be interested in or like to share some of your views here: Autism Q&A - Autistic - Special Needs.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim Introduction
A Friend

Page 6 Introduction Diarmadhim

My oldest just turned 15 today and my youngest turns 8 next month. They all go to school. The oldest was diagnosed as "Moderate" and most people don't know she's even on the spectrum, much like me, until something occurs to alert them. She attends all regular classes. My third daughter is similar, but she was actually diagnosed as "Severe." She also attends all regular classes. My second and fourth daughters are "Severe" and non-verbal. To call them non-verbal is slightly off though, because sometimes they express themselves with quotes from movies/cartoons/games. They also occasionally tell us exactly what they want, albeit in more of a list style format.

They all have IEPs, my wife is the vice president of the PAC, and we regularly communicate with the school and their teachers. The school district handles their speech therapy, but I really wish we could get them more. As is, the two non-verbal girls have iPads with a speech program on them to help out and guide them toward eventually talking more.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Diarmadhim

Thanks for sharing with me. You are fortunate that your children at least are able to go to school and receive some therapy. Does this Thread have any bearing on them at home: Autism & Role-Playing Games seeing that you are very involved in Role-playing Games?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim Introduction
A Friend

Diarmadhim Introduction

I can understand this as my eldest son has Asbergers and getting him to ask for things and to get him to talk more normal was difficult but now he is working on his doctorate so there is hope. My middle son has ADHD and he seemed never to be able to focus. We tried medication but that made him like a zombie during the day and we did not like that. We were surprised that he was able to graduate high school He did but I think by the skin of his teeth. HE is currently working full time as a airport custodian and loving his job.

Keep working with your daughters I am sure they will be fine and make you even prouder.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim Introduction
A Friend

Diarmadhim Introduction - Page 6

JB, they actually haven't played any PnP Role-playing Game's as of yet. My wife is planning to run a game for them though. A couple of them have shown interest and we're looking to make it a weekly family time.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim Introduction
A Friend

Diarmadhim Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 6

I'm not going to be able to play any games for a while. After my orientation with the USDA in Chicago, I reported to my permanent duty station. It turns out the plant I'm stationed at typically has 3 hours of overtime each day, Monday through Thursday.

I was also told the plant is often closed on Fridays so they will send me elsewhere on that day - up to 1.5 hours away. That prompted me to email HR stating "This wasn't in our contract!" As is, my frontline has asked if I'm okay with going just 30 minutes instead on Fridays. My current plan is to counter with if I hit 40 hours on Monday through Thursday, to only work at my assigned plant if it's open on Friday too or else call it good for the week if it's closed.

Because of all of this, I can't spare the time for games right now. There's just too much to figure out.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Diarmadhim Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,