Your Favorite Way To Reward Players

Your Favorite Reward Players - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 19th Aug, 2016 - 1:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 
As a Game Master
Post Date: 27th May, 2015 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

As a Dungeon Master do you have a preferred way to reward players when they do well in your game? Is it through magical items, gold or just experience?

Sponsored Links:
30th May, 2015 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Players Reward Way Favorite Your

I don't know if there is a favorite way but for me the best way is a little of everything. For example a combination of treasure, magical items, experience and noterity among the people can be very helpful. They do not have to be at the same time either.

2nd Jun, 2015 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Way To Reward Players Reviews RPG & Card Board

I like what RPGE said and I don't need too much of it either because when its too much too fast it takes out the fun of the next mission when we don't get as much.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2015 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I usually reward player small amount of gold, gem, ring, etc... This happen throughout the game.

But to me, the most rewarding thing to do, is to give them yet another clue, another hint at something else. This keep them going as their is always something to think about.

I also like to develop character, so all of my players get side quest they can perform as a group or alone in between adventure.

Of course awarding experience is key to keep player motivating and in a normal live session, I usually award a MVP of the night. It gives absolutely nothing to the character, but the players feel very good.

Thoughts?

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2015 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

international QUOTE (RPG Expert @ 30-May 15, 9:51 PM)
for me the best way is a little of everything. For example a combination of treasure, magical items, experience and noterity among the people.

I too agree with Role-playing Game expert's opinion (The word, notoriety clearly indicates his favoured gaming alignment - ha! ). I just have one thing to add to his list - Inspiration.
Inspiration is a mechanic introduced in 5e Dungeons & Dragons. Game Master's award it for good roleplaying or actions that add to the general enjoyment of the game. It can be offered as an incentive to encourage reluctant roleplayers to fall foul to their character flaws (Or award the convert for doing the same). Alternatively, a player can nominate another for it, like charm points here. You cannot stack Inspiration (1 max), but can use it in play to give Advantage to any d20 roll (2 dice are rolled and the player chooses the result he/she wants). The affected result can be rolled by the player or by another player or by the GM.
I really like this award because it encourages the very qualities that make gaming so rewarding for me. I think it would work well in Play By Post.

Reconcile Edited: Adelardus on 9th Jul, 2015 - 8:26pm

11th Jul, 2015 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

I wanted to mention that rewards should also be consistent and equal the adventur otherwise it becomes a lotto play whether you get rewarded or not. An example, you get 1000 gold for killing a town thug but receive a few copper for removing a band of orc raiders from a nearby village. Although it is true that some missions might be for more than simply gold it should be clearly stated what the reward will be for success.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jun, 2016 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Way Reward Players

A great way is to have NPCs tell you how you are doing or how you've impacted their lives. If you just rescued someone from a burning building it will be nice to have the NPC go out of their way to show their appreciation, it makes it seem more 'real'.

19th Aug, 2016 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Way Reward Players Board Card & RPG Reviews

Its easy to reward players with what they are expecting its when they get something unexpected is when they get excited about it. If your party is being paid a bounty of 50 gold to get a wanted man then that should lead to a reward of something more sinister where they can get another reward.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Your Favorite Way To Reward Players

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,