Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 3 of 13

QUOTE (Laura)She is 14 and writes at a college - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th Jul, 2015 - 1:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (13) »
Best of  Autism & Role-playing Games RPGs for those on the Autism Spectrum. If you are autistic does being in a role-playing setting help with social skills? Does participating in online play by post methods allow a release?
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2015 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 3

Name: Gumba

Comments: When I play role-playing game I no longer worry about who is watching me, because for me they are watching my character. This helps me to feel more relax when I'm playing with others.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2015 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Chuck: I think it would help my oldest son (ASD), but he steadfastly refuses to play. He could handle the rules (I think) and it would help put him in other people's shoes.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2015 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games Health & Special Psychology

Hans: As a lifetime gamer, I can tell you the Role-playing Game genre, be they tabletop or online or even video games, attract a lot of people that are diagnosed on the spectrum. It's a great way to master fitting into a social group, problem solving, and expressing yourself functionally. Helped me a ton growing up to develop a healthy moral and ethical system, avoid the racism and bigotry endemic to the American South, and learn how to treat people I wanted to be friends with. It's a blessing for a lot of folks, diagnosed or not, and I'm pleased you're flying the standard. Much appreciated.

3rd Jul, 2015 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Games Role-Playing and Autism

international QUOTE (Hans)
Helped me a ton growing up to develop a healthy moral and ethical system, avoid the racism and bigotry endemic to the American South

From what you are saying this means it can benefit more than just those who are on the autism spectrum, it can benefit those who generally have strange or racial social ideas.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2015 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Games Role-Playing and Autism

Tony: I run games in my spare time for special-needs kids and I'm autistic myself. Role playing can be one of the best ways to get kids to focus to learn to master complex interactions, and to develop socially. You need the right Dungeon Master, of course-- you have to be many times more patient, and often visual props help, such as minis.

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2015 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games

John: I always find articles like this fascinating because I have a type A personality, which I make no claim of being comparable to the struggles of autism, and I found role-playing games have done a lot to help me be less rigid and more supportive.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2015 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Autism & Role-Playing Games - Page 3

Laura: My daughter loves Role-playing Game . It has helped her writing skills tremendously. She is 14 and writes at a college level. Its good for her to practice communication skills without the added anxiety of a face to face social setting. Great article!

30th Jul, 2015 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Autism & Role-Playing Games Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

international QUOTE (Laura)
She is 14 and writes at a college level.

That's fantastic for such a young age and shows how something fun like Role-playing Games can have an academic benefit as well.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Autism & Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,