Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master - Page 2 of 3

One of the big things online that many feel - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Jan, 2016 - 11:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master Commitment, reliability, and enthusiasm.
11th Dec, 2015 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master - Page 2

Actually the dependability is not in just showing up but adding something well thought out to the game. While a Dungeon Master / GM could be there for you when you need him what will be the point if there isn't any backbone to the game itself. A lot needs to happen in planning long before a Dungeon Master / GM attends to your game and that is part of the dependability factor, or at least it is for me.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2015 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master
A Friend

Master Dungeon Master Game Dependable

If you don't enjoy what you are doing, then stop doing it.

Role-playing is a mix of give and take on both players and game masters parts. There really is no balance saying "This much is required," as game needs dictate not a prescribed set of rules.

12th Dec, 2015 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master Reviews RPG & Card Board

Then the question has to be asked why would someone want to take on being in charge of a game if they do not enjoy doing it? Were they just testing the waters or saw their own weaknesses come out when the game started? Even if they do not enjoy it I feel once they start they should at least gracefully wind it down rather than just leave. I've read the complaints of players in the past who did not like that they did not even show the courtesy of saying they could not do it anymore.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2015 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Master Dungeon Master Game Dependable

FairMaiden, why indeed?

A line from one of my favorite movies, "Too Many Questions", and until someone has been there, they may remain unanswered.

6th Jan, 2016 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Master Dungeon Master Game Dependable

I hope to pay more attention to our Dungeon Masters / Game Masters / Referees here for 2016. I want to render support and assistance so they can bring about the most exhilarating, and consistent Role-playing Games possible. One possibility, which might be rare, is a GM assistant. Someone who can continue the game when the GM cannot be there. That should bring some definite dependability.

9th Jan, 2016 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Dependable Dungeon Masters can be harder to come by, especially those willing and able to stick with the game for the full campaign. I myself have had games that lose momentum either because players not sticking with the game or I admit because I wasn't able to commit like I had hoped.

It can also be stressful, even when things are going well, which is why finding a group where the GM and players work together to encourage each other is important. If not everyone is having fun and enjoying themselves it can drag down the game. A dependable GM will to keep moving forward even when, ore especially when, the going gets tough is something to hold onto and encourage.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 9th Jan, 2016 - 1:58am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2016 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master - Page 2

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
Dependable Dungeon Masters can be harder to come by...

Yes, this is one of the reasons I have started the How To Be A Dungeon Master Thread to show what it entails. This Thread puts up some of the requirements that the Community's default Posting Policy ask indirectly: "Are you sure you can handle it?".

I always ran my Role-playing Games on a timer consistently for years. Now that I am giving up my Boards to other Game Masters / Dungeon Masters I am hoping they keep up the same consistency and commitment to drive away the general online reputation that Play By Post Role-play Gaming is too slow and doesn't last after the initial stage.

30th Jan, 2016 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

One of the big things online that many feel they do not need to be is courteous. I can usually tell when something will not last long but I tend to give it the benefit of the doubt, sometimes to its demise. Another Role-playing Game abruptly closed and we only found that it was abandoned because after a week I inquired about it: Read More.

Other Game Masters in the past have had real life issues come up but at least they have returned to say 'x' happened, I won't be around for 'y', etc. This is the courteous thing to do. Do not be short sighted in believing that you are the only one with real life issues because you will be living an illusion. You started something - finish it. If you can't at least be courteous enough to let us know, ahead of time even better - or even the best: do not start Role-playing Games that you can't finish.

The GM lieutenant sounds more interesting in these situations - someone that can take over as GM.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,