Game Masters That Cannot Follow Posting Rules

Game Masters Follow Posting Rules - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 16th Mar, 2017 - 10:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 
Closed
21st Jul, 2015 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

So I made this topic because of a recent incident that remind me of an even bigger inncident that happened sometime ago where a Dungeon Master started a massive campaign, brought like a dozen players to join the site so they can play and stuff but then exited because she didn't like being told about her posts. It was kind of ridiculous really because in that case there was such blaring spamming and stuff but she was like so surprised when it was edited out? I don't get it. So what do you think, is it really that hard to follow the posting rules here?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2015 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules Posting Follow That Masters Game

I know when I first started here I was visited a lot by the moderators. I posted a lot in many different places until I learned the rules better. While I was not trying to break the rules I guess I just did not fully understand them. I learned and read up again and I got visited a lot less over time. I do know the rules here are not that hard to follow. But my problem was that I am a blonde and I sometimes need a picture drawn smile.gif

21st Jul, 2015 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Game Masters That Cannot Follow Posting Rules Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think all the new folk get ripped on by moderators in the beginning because where all naturally lazy grammatically speaking not that they really check grammar but I guess it just other places are too relaxed so we aren't used to the pace here. Funny thing is they beg us to read the rules in the beginning but I have to admit I didn't when I registered, does anyone? Most people just want to get in and on with it until we get our first visit from a moderator.

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2015 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Above the input box there is a little note asking me to check my Spelling/Grammar before replying. A quick glance for red tells me the words that the dictionary doesn't recognise - sometimes typos, but usually names or British spelling. Grammar mistakes are harder to spot and I've occasionally added or missed an apostrophe, but then again so has JB. A few mistakes are clearly tolerated but I guess the recent Dungeon Master included too many, indicating he disregarded the Good Message guidelines.
My first reaction is to question if these requirements are necessary in a Play By Post site. My answer is that this is site is more than just that. A look at threads such as Autism in Role-playing Games in the core area explains why care over content is important and justified. The fact that this site has standards is one of the things that inspires me to be here.

21st Jul, 2015 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Adelardus)
Grammar mistakes are harder to spot and I've occasionally added or missed an apostrophe, but then again so has JB.

How does my initials come up in these Topics? laugh.gif Grammar, as nice as it will be to perfect it, is really not what is required here (Although blatant overdone mistakes will be corrected) the real thing is order. If everyone Posts based on the same governing rules which basically surrounds: check spelling (British spelling is fine), do not double post, make your Post a worthwhile read, Post in the correct place and use the appropriate tags when necessary then all will have a fair space to promote their writing. Its when one person feels they consistently should set themselves above the rules then they willingly create a disadvantage for others by trying to create chaos. In my experience those that do this wish to bring attention to themselves, are inherently against following any type of system or policy or simply want to be the Admin of International Discussions (None of these will happen). What I do plan on doing from now on is if someone wants to be a Dungeon Master / GM here they will need to confirm that they fully understand and can comply with the Constructive Posting Policy and the How To Be A Game Master / Dungeon Master Threads before they will be allowed to run a game.

12th Dec, 2015 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Play, what you're describing I don't recall but then again I haven't played outside of JB's games. Please send me that in a private message. wink.gif I've never understood what's the big deal about the rules on this site. I mean its worded all over how to post and conduct yourself so once you follow that's all to it. I can't see someone trying to run a game in an environment like this where they are opposed to the rules that's just crazy, why would you even want to do that?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jan, 2016 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Game Masters That Follow Posting Rules

international QUOTE (Play by Post)
...brought like a dozen players to join the site so they can play and stuff but then exited because she didn't like being told about her posts.

After running this Community for the past16+ years I've realized that its just the nature of some people to do what they want to do regardless. It is also their nature in how they respond to it. While someone might be grateful for information or an explanation others see it as a personal attack.

international QUOTE (FairMaiden)
I mean its worded all over how to post and conduct yourself so once you follow that's all to it.

It becomes a big deal if they did not read in the first place. Then the shock horror comes when a Moderator shows up by their Introduction. Besides wondering what they did they are also surprised that we actually do enforce our terms and policies.

In keeping with the title of this Thread, yes, it is imperative that all Game Masters be exemplars of this site's Policies, this is clearly started in the How To Be A GM / Dungeon Master Thread.

16th Mar, 2017 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

Game Masters That Follow Posting Rules Board Card & RPG Reviews

I can't imagine a Dungeon Master using a site like this and willfully not following the posting rules. It would just go against their own game.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Game Masters That Cannot Follow Posting Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,