Are Board Games Relevant Anymore?

Are Board Games Relevant Anymore - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 24th Jul, 2015 - 2:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 
Post Date: 7th May, 2011 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Board Game Related

Name: Nedd

Comments: You can just turn on your computer and go on a network with millions of others to play games, why would you pull out a boring board game and then have to look for someone to play.

Sponsored Links:
9th May, 2011 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Anymore Relevant Games Board Are

Board games are an activity for friends or other social group in a real-life immediate setting, such as around a table, and are a great way to help "break the ice" between strangers or people unfamiliar with each other, or to pass the time and entertain medium to large groups of people, such as meetings and family reunions, or just for the sake of spending time together, as family or friends, and enjoying quality game and socialization "face time" with each other, interacting and learning about each other.

There is also a friendly competitive spirit and challenge aspect to most board games, which helps players subtly pit themselves against one another without being overtly aggressive, which can help implicitly establish boundaries and "first impressions", as well as impress and help people demonstrate various qualities to others, that might not otherwise be apparent until much later, any other way.

Post Date: 9th May, 2011 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Board Games Relevant Anymore? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think board games are very relevant and should be used by any family especially those with children.
The problem is that a number of parents would prefer use a baby sitter (xbox, ps3, ds) to entertain their children instead of spending quality time with them and teaching them in the mean time.
I look back at my childhood and remember the days of Monopoly, pop up pirate hungry hippos and best of all mouse trap! but its not the games that give the good laughs its the people you play them with and the quality time spent doing so.
The exhilaration when your father lands on Mayfair (top price property in the uk version) with your Hotel on there..
So I think yes they are relevant but not used to their full potential any longer.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2011 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In my own life, I have found the use of board games to be very profitable for cementing and deepening relationships with friends. Board games offer a group an activity that most can take part in without risk of offending sensibilities or causing embarrassment because the individual lacks the necessary athletic prowess to take part. I don't think board games are likely to ever go away.

6th Aug, 2014 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Of course they are! Monopoly is still as hot as it was back in the day in my house. Computers can only do so much, the interpersonal stuff just can't be the same as through a chat icon.

12th Jul, 2015 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Board games are still very relevant at least in social settings where people want to interact beyond a first person shooter or chat on the phone. Board games are great ways to see the mind of the person with which you're engaged.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jul, 2015 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

Are Board Games Relevant Anymore

Board games are relevant when you have the right company. Some people you just don't connect with when playing a board game and it become a chore.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2015 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Board Games Relevant Anymore Board Card & RPG Reviews

Board games are called jeu de societé in French - social games. Many cafés and bars have a selection that you can pull out (I'd advise JoePublic not to pull out the boring ones - they aren't as good as the others) and play between friends. Body language and social interaction are generally much better than through a monitor and there generally geared to pass a couple of hours. They don't fire my imagination like a roleplaying game, or my adrenaline like a video game, but they are more all-inclusive and, as the French say, social. And I like being social!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are Board Games Relevant Anymore?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,