Little Red Riding Hood

Little Red Riding Hood - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 4th Jan, 2017 - 10:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2015 - 7:57am / Post ID: #

Little Red Riding Hood

The book "Little Red Riding Hood" Was banned in 1990 by two school districts in California. They did this because in the book there was a picture of a basket that had a bottle of wine in it

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2015 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Little Red Riding Hood
A Friend

Hood Riding Red Little

Keep in mind that banning books has been going on for quite a while.

In the musical "The Music Man", the mayor's wife attempted to get Balzak (Sp) banned from the library in Gary because she couldn't understand the content or context of the work.

Look at Hitler. He went so far as to burn books. Lots of them. Talk about a hatred for the written word. Man that burns me up.

Imagine the reception that the Brothers Grimm received when compiling their fairy tales. Most of the people at the time could not read. The upper class and society, probably couldn't digest their works either. "So we print a book that no one can read and get banned only because no one reads what we wrote."

4th Jan, 2017 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Little Red Riding Hood UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I have seen a lot of reasons I often find as silly for banning a book. Still, simply because of there being a page where there was a bottle of wine in a basket is a bit head scratching, especially since many children might not even know it is such. If asked, a parent could even say it was something else if it mattered.

> TOPIC: Little Red Riding Hood

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,