Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games - Page 2 of 5

I may apply it in my Role-playing Games but - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 27th Aug, 2015 - 12:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
Resources available for helping DMs / Game Master
24th Aug, 2015 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games - Page 2

Easy .JPG Upload

I have been working with the upload code here. I have set it to only accept .JPG extensions. I tried working on conversions from other image file types but for security reasons I was not willing to 'fight' with it.

Allowing just .JPG images means you will be able to have your uploaded image automatically resized for the Community so you do not have to do it manually as before. Those with GM status will find this very convenient.

I still will have the Map button, that is the next thing for me to work on and part of this code will be very helpful for it.

Sponsored Links:
24th Aug, 2015 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Mapping and Maps

Just saw a map button in grey, tried clicking on it but nothing happened? I'll take it that its not working yet or I don't have permission to use it.

24th Aug, 2015 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games Reviews RPG & Card Board

I'm still working on it, the grey button usually means you do not have access to it but it acts as a place holder so you know where you will eventually have access to it, if that makes sense.

25th Aug, 2015 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Games Role-Playing Mapping and Maps

The header for this topic is for GM/Dungeon Masters but as I player I think this is great. Our Dungeon Master has clearly made a complete map that he is describing as we move. Having a map helps make sure we don't miss things.

25th Aug, 2015 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Mapping and Maps

Actually, the header says "Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games" So its for anyone its just that the Dungeon Masters and Game Master's are the ones uploading the maps. There is JB always making it great for RPGers.

26th Aug, 2015 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games

New Area To Show Dungeon Master / Game Master's Maps

In all Threads designated with Role-playing Game status you will see the new "Maps" Button (See below screenshot) which will take you to the unique page where only that Dungeon Master / GM has his Maps. A Dungeon Master / GM must activate this feature and upload his Maps if it is to show anything.

The Dungeon Master / GM will be able to upload large maps (.JPG only) of up to 2.1MB that will then be re-sized automatically. He / she will also see edit buttons for 1-4 Map spaces wherein can be place the Title and Description of each Map.

Those with GM Status or Upgraded Membership can choose to use this if they wish, but they will essentially continue to be able to Upload Images with their Posts.

If you regularly change maps you may need to reload your browser as it would have cached the original image making it look like nothing has changed.

Please see Examples via the Sample Maps of the Text Role-playing Game Creator Thread.

Future Plans

An option to auto embed a lettered / numbered graph to your Map so locations can be pinpointed.

Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games
Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2015 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Maps & Mapping Role-Playing Games - Page 2

Cool stuff JB, will you be using this for your Role-playing Games as well or is this mainly a new thing for Member Wars again?

27th Aug, 2015 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Maps & Mapping Role-Playing Games Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I may apply it in my Role-playing Games but this was mostly to cater for Game Master's that were not willing to work towards GM Status. That way their Players didn't have to 'suffer' for a lack of a Map. It also gives a more central place for Maps that do not change - like the Map of a World the Players are in.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,