MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 17 of 19

Hearing the phone calls from Redman, Lau really - Page 17 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 18th Jan, 2016 - 7:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 19 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Closed
Only those who have created approved Call of Cthulhu Characters can participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
2nd Dec, 2015 - 3:14am / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 17

Naive Student says...

Out of Character: Oops, I interpreted dinner as a group meet-up before the church session. I don't know why. But I can work with this, Konrad could have been so engrossed in research, reading up on all kinds of electronics, software and relativity that he misses the session. He was also a little fearful and would prefer to enter with more accurate time keeping equipment. I'll wait for Michael to accept or reject this explanation before posting again.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Dec, 2015 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

*Gm apologizes, health snuck up and kicked me around a bit for a while. Back now and will try very hard to not miss further updates.*

The church service appears to be an appeal to greed, rather than seeking donations to them, they encourage their members to seek their own pleasure and wealth. While not outright stated, they do imply this in an amoral sense, if not outright immoral. One of the highlights of the service comes when the offer is made for any attendee, member or not, to step forward and receive a 'blessing'. The woman is tall, thin, with an egalitarian cast to her features. Those step forward for a 'blessing' line up and Ms. VonErdansdorf produces an item for each member as if with a sleight of hand flourish, but some of the items are quite large. In fact a few of them, she seems to struggle to hold without dropping, once they are produced. Exactly what the items are is unclear from a distance, no two seem the same, and the people receiving them hold them, visibly puzzled, but thank her regardless and return to theirs seats. (Up to you, Konrad if you step forward to receive a blessing).

Redman yields the book, stating he has copied the marginal notes, and would appreciate any interpretation they can give.

He does produce a notebook and reads off what he knows of the Society, but admits its largely speculation.

"The Society appears to be, from what I can gather, a loose network of people who investigate supernatural phenomenon. The information I've been able to examine indicates two things. First, anything the Society investigates is eventually resolved, even if not publically identified as resolved. Second, the Society appears to have a high mortality rate. I'm convinced that the name "The Society" is a shortened title, almost a code name among the members. I have not been able to find the name of the group, or any members currently alive."

(Let me know your modifications, choices and plans, and I will respond accordingly I will stay on top of this)

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2015 - 6:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG RPG Horror & Mystery

Out of Character: Will we need to add you to the list of murder victims? Just kidding, but do not try to pass from this life yet.

In Character: Lau makes careful notes of what Redman says and then looks at the book. First studying the title, age of the book, where it was printed, and inspecting the binding and the book covers.

*Note to MichaelC - Lau is checking for the thickness of the covers. If it is hard bound, then he is investigating the insides of the book covers for possible irregularities.

*Rolling for reference to Anthropology, History, and the Occult.
*Roll for analysis of the writing Psychoanalysis and Art.

10th Dec, 2015 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Page 17 RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Naive Student says...

Out of Character: I fully understand that things come up. I even understand burnout, I once avoided posting for a few days because I felt my posts were so substandard. However, a short explanation helps avoid uncertainty.

In Character: Konrad wouldn't have stepped forward. However, upon leaving he would have checked the time on his phone and compared it to a cheap watch he hid somewhere close by.

At dinner he asks Redamn, "So they go out and try to debunk these 'supernatural phenomena'?" He finger quotes the last two words. "What would be killing off such a group of people? Is there any connection to the deaths?"

A fearful unease begins to creep over Konrad. He feels that he's too young to be dealing with such matters.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2015 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

"So... This 'society' investigates what they see as paranormal activity...and often get themselves killed in the process? Well, people being willing to kill to keep their secrets is nothing new. We can keep poking around and see if we cross paths with them again; it may be worth comparing notes, if nothing else."

Edited Message Edited...
International Community Support: Further edits to this thread (15 January, 2016): Updates to MichaelC's condition or ANY schedules can be read here: Michaelc Introduction - Page 2 of 2. Please see the Role-playing Game Etiquette, only the actual Role-playing Game entries should be posted here. Schedules should go in your introductions

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 10:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rather off topic, but...
Apologies for the delays, life changing ailments are massive, and not cheap.

The book carries nothing hidden inside, nothing snuck between cover and the interior. Just the marginalia. Ideas searching note the only other aberration, some the page numbers have circles around them with a letter next to the numbers. Eventually it comes out that the digits circled, when arranged in alphabetical order, make a phone number.

The church seems to be, despite all your examinations, just what it seems to be, though the non-commercial aspects of it remain puzzling. You are seen watching, and eventually are greeted by church employees, some of whom offer you in, others often to get coffee for you, acting for all the world out of solicitous interest.

Redman calls intermittently over the next day or so, sounding frightened, right on the edge of panic. He rarely leaves a complete message, and if you answer, he speaks quickly regardless of what you're trying to say. The last thing he says, out of breath, is 'it's in Stephan's house." The calls stop coming in at that point.

Out of Character: Again, apologies fro dropping off, I am back, if the group is still interested I will continue the game with better timing. I am sorry if my current post overlooks anything I will check back on that, and include them in the 'moving things forward' posts, of which this is the first. **

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jan, 2016 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 17

Naive Student says...

Out of Character: Take as much time for youself as you need. That's something I have to learn to do as well.

Konrad went to the service and didn't accept the blessing. His curiosity is focused on the timing error.

In Character: Konrad spent the morning procuring the materials for tiny timing circuits. But at Redman's calls his hands began to tremble until he could solder no longer.

After the last message, Konrad was scared. He texted the group "Stephan's address? Can I get a lift or get the bus?" He packed some gear, threw on his chain shirt for his reenactment group and covered it with a coat.

As he passed through the kitchen he wrote a note with the address for his parents and grabbed a big, sturdy knife, pocketing it in his coat. A second knife thrown into his bag.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2016 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 17

Hearing the phone calls from Redman, Lau really wished he could have been more persuasive in his conversations for allowing someone or having someone go with Redman. It is evident to Lau that Redman has lost his sanity and that the situations at hand have escalated.

Lau places a few phone calls, one to Konrad and one to TJ to check on their whereabouts and activities.

Using the school network, Lau tries to find a listing for the phone number from the book.

+  « First of 19 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,