MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character - Page 2 of 5

May I ask, how do we roll dice for our character - Page 2 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 16th Oct, 2015 - 7:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
This Thread also acts as a Support Thread for this game so Post any questions you have here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2015 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character
A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character - Page 2

Base weapons skills:
Handgun 20%
Rifle 25%
Shotgun 30%

Fist 50%
Grapple 25%
Head Butt 10%
Kick 25%

Club 25%
Knife 25%
Foil/Sword cane 20%
Rapier/heavy epee 15%
Axe/hatchet 20%
Torch 10% + cloth ignite%

Electrical repair & electronics are different skills. Elec Repair is for car ignitions, appliances, fixing short circuits, etc.; Electronics deals with, well, electronics--your stereo's internals, repairing or jury-rigging electronic devices.

Thanks for noticing TJ's low SAN--I'd multiplied APP *5 rather than POW. He's not THAT traumatized by his service. And Sanity based on appearance would be appropriate for a game set in the world of high fashion, maybe, but not here. And, as it turns out, I'd used 15*EDU for occupation points, when it should have been 20. So yay, more points. I'll have that updated later today.

EDIT: Fixed, ready for GM approval.

Your other questions are GM questions so I'll leave them to MichaelC. In general, CON rolls are used to see how well you're holding your liquor.

Reconcile Edited: Brianh on 14th Oct, 2015 - 2:12pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2015 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Character Create Ed th Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

I am curious. Was my character sheet received and are there any recommendations? Please let me know where and what I need to do next.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2015 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character RPG Horror & Mystery

Okay, team, we have three character sheets, I had the impression we had four players ready, but we can start with this. Shadow Walker, your character sheet is starting more with the d20 stats, but I can work with this. Do keep in mind that this campaign is set in modern times in the US, your Wu Jen may at times stand out as much or more than some of the oddballs we will be encountering.

Unless I hear otherwise, the first post of the action in the campaign will be posted tonight, with TJ White, Lao Tai Chi, and Konrad Romijn bumping into each other as they start looking into the deaths around Arkham. If you want to huddle to determine how and if your characters know each other, feel free.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2015 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Character Create Ed th Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

MichealC, a spell caster in the modern world is an oddity. I wanted to get the basic concept down for my character. Please feel free to adjust and tweak and let me know what changes were made so I can know that for the future.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2015 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Character Create Ed th Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Not that I expect it to be necessary in the opening scene, but: TJ has his Glock in a locked case stowed behind the seat of his pickup. Not carrying--unless I'm mistaken, Massachusetts doesn't allow carrying, concealed or otherwise--but it's around.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shadow Line Walker, a spellcaster is an oddity in the modern world, but not an impossibility. You are also opting to start your character with a Cthulhu Mythos score of 10, which is a rather high number, most characters start with 0. You can rationalize this as the Mythos knowledge being gained as you started seeking magic in your quest.

Your magic should be primarily shamanistic, doesn't change any current spell choices. Keep track of spells used successfully, I will be checking for advancement with each spell.

If you would rather not play a spellcaster, just let me know. I would say that a spellcaster in modern era CoC would tend to be a bit circumspect, not exactly bragging about his magic use to casual individuals.

If this is acceptable, let me know, we will start the game with the next post in the game and we can adjust as needed as you fine tune your vision for the character.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character - Page 2

I made his Mythos high for the reason that his spellcasting had granted him insights he does not share with everyone and often times shares with no one.

Might it be more plausible for him to be posing as a professor of a local university, thereby granting him a purpose for being somewhere other than Asia.

I did not see a list of spells for me to choose from. Where might I find those, or are they already preselected?

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 7:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 2

May I ask, how do we roll dice for our character attributes here? The set up is new to me. Can I use the dice roller below this page, and it will be visible to you?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6th Ed Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,