What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 3 of 7

Ken are you in a game now that you were looking - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 21st Nov, 2015 - 3:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
  What Kind RPG Experience Looking For
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2015 - 11:11am / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?
A Friend

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 3

Yeah, they would probably just use the shared thread to taunt each other. Which might be kind of amusing.

Sponsored Links:
20th Nov, 2015 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

For You Experience RPG Kind What

Then the game will all be hidden for everyone since the GM and the player will be carrying on their stuff in secret without anyone knowing the result until the end? Its like a game that's there but no one knows it exists? Then too I'm like thinking what happens if two players are against each other but one is more active than the other or like the other one doesn't turn up at all?

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2015 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? Reviews RPG & Card Board

No. Each player receives information based on what his character would perceive. As an example, imagine a game with two players named Andy and Bart. Andy controls a character named "A", and Bart controls a character named "B".(Our boys are avid roleplayers, but they're not very imaginative.)

Let's say the scenario has the two characters stalking each other in a medieval village. The game has been going on for a few turns with no contact between the characters. "A" Is currently exploring large courtyard with a large stone fountain at the center, and entrances to the North and to the South.
"A" Has decided the fountain provides a perfect place for an ambush. "A" Is armed with a handgun and a bag of grenades, and is wearing body armor that protects his torso. He is facing North. Andy declares that "A" Will be on Overwatch (Which means that he will get first shot at anything that moves in his field of vision), and he's watching the North entrance, and using the fountain for cover.

Unfortunately (For Andy, anyway), Bart has declared that "B" Will enter the courtyard through the South entrance.

The GM tells Andy "You are watching the North Entrance. It doesn't do anything." Andy declares that he will continue to be on Overwatch.

The GM informs Bart "You enter the courtyard. "A" Is directly in front of you, crouched in front of a stone fountain, with his back to you. You have surprise." Bart declares that "B" Will fire a burst with his submachine gun.

The submachine gun fires a three-round burst. The GM determines that two rounds miss and one hits, but does not penetrate "A"S armor.

The GM tells Andy: "You don't see any movement to the North. However, you hear gunshots behind you, and feel a kick in your back, because you've just been shot. Your armor was not penetrated, and you take no damage. You are now in combat. Please state your next action."

The GM informs Bart: "One round of your three-round burst hit the target, but did not penetrate the armor." You no longer have surprise. You are in combat. Please state you next action."

Andy uses the shared channel to accuse Bart of cheating. Bart replies Andy is a wimp for wearing body armor. (Andy and Bart are immature jerks).

Andy tells the GM that "A" Will vault into the fountain, and prepare a grenade.

Bart informs the GM that "B" Will close the distance by running at full speed towards "A".

The GM tells Andy: "You are lying in stinky green water that is about knee deep. You cannot see "B", but you did find $1.80 in change. You have a grenade in your right hand, and the pin in your left hand. Please declare your next action."

The GM informs Bart: "You have covered half the distance to the fountain. "A" Has jumped into the fountain, and you can no longer see him. Please declare your next action."

Andy tells the GM that "A" Will remain in cover, and blindly throw the grenade.

Bart informs the GM that "B" Will walk toward the fountain, and open fire with the submachine gun as soon as he has line-of-sight.

The GM determines "A" Manages to throw the grenade without fumbling it, and, at walking speed, "B" Will not get close enough to fire this turn.

The GM tells Andy: You throw the grenade in the right general direction, but don't know where it wound up, because you are hiding in a fountain. Please declare your next action."

The GM informs Bart: "You briefly see "A"S arm, right before a grenade hits you in the chest. The grenade falls to the ground between your feet. Please declare your next action."

...and so on. You make an excellent point about unresponsive players being a hazard in this type of game, and I don't have a ready answer to that, other than the fact that they would probably be eliminated pretty quickly, but that might not provide a very satisfying victory.

20th Nov, 2015 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 For You Experience RPG Kind What

I kind of understand the mechanics of it already but thanks for elaborating.

What I'm saying is that for something like this to work only the GM can see the player threads, no one else can but the player for his thread so for everyone else its like there is no game running because only the GM and the players knows its there.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2015 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

For You Experience RPG Kind What

Why would anybody other than the players and the GM want to see the game? Do you mean there's spectators for roleplaying games?

20th Nov, 2015 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

I can't say for other people but I do browse games to see what the level of play is like but I wasn't thinking of that. I was like on another view because you wanted to do it here then what would be the purpose unless at the end you like open it up to see how each player was playing their game.

This reminds me of something that used to be here called "Secret Order". It was a board for only certain players and we could conspire against other players. We used to have secret codes in threads other players were confused about it was rad.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2015 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Kind RPG Experience You For - Page 3

Well, sure. Checking out a game before you join it, that makes sense. I totally should do that. That way, I would have a better idea of what kind of character to make.

21st Nov, 2015 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

What Kind RPG Experience You For Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

Ken are you in a game now that you were looking for or are you still looking? You should check Falrun's Advance Dungeons & Dragons its what I was looking for.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,