Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 2 of 15

Fusil Your first term you failed the survival - Page 2 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 17th Nov, 2015 - 6:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (15) »
Closed
Discuss  Aericsteele' s Traveller Character Creation Make sure to read the first Post of this Thread for instructions about creating your Character.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation
16th Nov, 2015 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 2

Rebel over...

I'm unable to decide between two characters. I assume that a post can be deleted, so I'll put up both for comment and they can be removed from the thread when a choice is made.
First option:

Name:
Homeworld: Asteroid Belt

Strength 7
Dexterity 11
End 9
Int 8
Edu 8
Soc 6

Skills:

Computer 0
Medic 0
Zero-G 0
Art (Dance) 0
Art (Holography) 1
Carouse 0
Deception 0
Persuade 1
Steward 0
Streetwise 2
Pilot (Spaceships) 3
Art (Acting) 1
Athletics (Coordination) 1
Vacc Suit 1
Gun Combat (Slug Pistols) 1
Melee (Blade) 1
Broker 0
Engineer (J-Drive) 1

Term 1

Enlist: Entertainer/Artist
Basic Trng: Art (Dance), Art (Holography), Carouse, Deception, Persuade, Steward @ 0
Skill: Streetwise 1
Event: Opportunity to criticise or even bring down a questionable political leader on homeworld. Accept, gain an Enemy and roll Art or Persuade 8+. If you
Fail, increase a skill anyway ( Art - Holography 1 ) and roll on the Mishap table; stranded far from home - Pilot 1
Adancement: Rank 1: Art (Acting) 1
Skill: Athletics (Coordination) 1

Benefits: 10,000Cr

Notes: Part of making satirical Holovid docu-comedy-drama attacking corrupt political leader ( "I'm not a Machiavellian MegaMineCorp executive with the government on a leash, but I play one on HV" ). Recording aboard ship sabotaged with engineered misjump.

Term 2

Enlist: Rogue/Pirate
Basic Trng: Recon 0
Skill: Vacc Suit 1
Event: You spend months in the dangerous criminal underworld. Gun Combat (Slug Pistols) 1
Adancement: Rank 1: Pilot +1
Skill: Melee (Blade) 1

Benefits: 50,000Cr

Notes: Angry about failure of "Soft power" And homicidal sabotage of previous project, joins a "Pirate" Campaign to overthrow political leader by economic blockade targeting the Corporate ore-carriers.

Term 3

Enlist: Merchant/Free Trader
Basic Trng: Broker 0
Skill: Pilot +1
Event: You are offered the opportunity to smuggle illegal items onto a planet. Accept, succeed. Gain Streetwise 1 and an extra Benefit roll.
Adancement: Rank 1: Persuade 1
Skill: Engineer (J-Drive) 1

Benefits: Free Trader, 20,000Cr; (Rank-based bonus roll) - 40,000Cr

Notes: The commerce-raiding against the interests of the politicians over, and now a decent Pilot, goes legit and joins Free Trader.

Reconcile Edited: Bindoner on 17th Nov, 2015 - 12:12am

Sponsored Links:
17th Nov, 2015 - 10:16am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Second option:

Name:
Homeworld: Asteroid Belt

Strength 8
Dexterity 10
End 9
Int 8
Edu 7
Soc 5

Skills:

Computer 0
Medic 0
Athletics (Coord) 0
Melee (U/A) 0
Recon 0
Streetwise 1
Stealth 0
Survive 0
Zero-G 1
Vacc Suit 1
Pilot (Small Craft) 2
Stealth 0
Gun Combat (Energy Pistols) 1
Gunner (Turret) 1
Pilot (Spaceship) 2
Broker 0
Engineer (J-Drive) 1
Persuade 1

Term 1

Enlist: Drifter/Scavenger
Basic Trng: Athletics (Coord) 0, Melee (U/A) 0, Computer 0, Medic 0, Recon 0, Streetwise 0, Stealth 0, Survive 0
Skill: Zero-G 1
Event: Crime: The character commits a crime, is accused of a crime, or is the victim of a crime. Reduce your
Social Standing by 1.
Adancement: Rank 1: Vacc Suit 1
Skill: Pilot (Small Craft) 1

Benefits: Weapon: TL11 Laser Pistol

Notes: A Belter from a Belter community. Comes out on losing end of a dispute with a Corporation over a Beltstrike.

Term 2

Enlist: Rogue/Pirate
Basic Trng: Stealth 0
Skill: Gun Combat (Energy Pistols) 1
Event: You spend months in the dangerous criminal underworld. Streetwise 1
Adancement: Rank 1: Gunner (Turret) 1
Skill: Pilot (Small Craft) +1

Benefits: 10,000Cr

Notes: Accused of being a criminal, might as well become one...joins band of displaced Belters taking revenge on Corporation that drove them off their claims

Term 3

Enlist: Merchant/Free Trader
Basic Trng: Broker 0
Skill: Pilot (Spaceships) 1
Event: Reflecting your time spent dealing with suppliers and spacers: Gain Engineer (J-Drive) 1
Adancement: Rank 1: Persuade 1
Skill: Pilot (Spaceships) 1

Benefits: Ship Share (Rank Bonus); 20,000Cr

Notes: Not cut out for raiding, and the campaign over, joins crew of Free Trader.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2015 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Bindoner, I think it comes down to being a waskally wabbit or the ever elusive Wiley E Coyote. I think the second one is better choice.

Take a look at my character Silvertongue

17th Nov, 2015 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 2 Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

Just finished character generation from a manual roll. I posted it in my character sheet. I apologize that it is a bit messy but I wanted to have some transparency. I'll clean it up as soon as it is approved. I'm OK with changing things or re-rolling if everyone thinks its a good idea.

Cheers.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2015 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

Welcome aboard, Maiokus. I appreciate your interest and look forward to getting to know you and the other new faces through this adventure.

17th Nov, 2015 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

The Referee relays...

Malcolmshaw
The character looks good based on a cursory glance (I will take a closer look later today hopefully), but if you could go ahead and post the background generation in the thread itself and then be sure to add in details regarding the events, that would be good. You can do this in notes similar to how Bindoner did it, or you can write short descriptions after each section. For example, in Term 1 Silvertongue received a special duty. You could write it as

Special Duty Roll = 11 (5 required); You were given Special Duties (2 bonus skills): Brief description of what the special duty was

Or this could be included in a summary paragraph at the end of the term.

Maiokus
Character looks good at first glance; please post it in the thread. Notes on the backgrounds look good.

Bindoner

Both options look good, sounds like Malcomshaw likes option 2; we can see what others think as well but in the end it's up to you which option you would like to take.

All
At the end of your character generation please provide a paragraph or so of a physical description of your character ; also an ideal or philosophy your character holds along with some form of character flaw as these will help me mold the game around your characters better. It helps to know what your characters value, otherwise I may present goals/adventures that your characters don't care about or do not have a vested interest in.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 17th Nov, 2015 - 5:23pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2015 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 2

UPP: B75C66
HomeWorld: StarPort=B, Size=Medium, Atmos=Standard, Hydro=Wet Population=Low, Law=Moderate, Tech=Average Stellar
Terms: 3
Career: Scout
Skills: Electronics-3, Vacc Suit-2, Grav Vehicle-1, Medical-1, Pilot-1, Computer-0, Handgun-0
Cash: 50000 Cr
Pension: 0 Cr/Year
Skills/Experience:
8 / 18
Benefits:
Scout Ship hide detailed history
Rolled UPP = B75C66 homeworld skill: Computer-0 homeworld skill: Grav Vehicle-0
Successfully enlisted in Scout (Rolled 5, needed 4) career skill: Vacc Suit-0 career skill: Pilot-1 career skill: Handgun-0

TERM 1
Survival Roll = 6 (7 required); You were injured and will be invalided out (2 skills)
Special Duty Roll = 3 (4 required); You were not given Special Duties.
2 skills to add:
Medical-1
Grav Vehicle-1

TERM 2
Survival Roll = 7 (7 required); You survived the term without mishap (2 skills)
Special Duty Roll = 3 (4 required); You were not given Special Duties.
Reenlistment Roll = 3 (3 required); You have the option of serving another term.
2 skills to add:
Electronics-1
Electronics-2

TERM 3
Survival Roll = 4 (7 required); You were injured and will be invalided out (2 skills)
Special Duty Roll = 7 (4 required); You were given Special Duties (1 bonus skill)
3 skills to add:
Electronics-3
Vacc Suit-1
Vacc Suit-2

MUSTERING OUT (3 rolls) benefits roll of 6 - Scout Ship cash roll of 4 - 30000 Cr. Cash roll of 1 - 20000 Cr.

Character Complete

17th Nov, 2015 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 2

The Referee relays...

Fusil

Your first term you failed the survival roll, and as a result it stated that you were injured and invalidated out. What service/branch did the character take in Terms 2 and 3 since I would have to assume that it wasn't the Scouts since he was forced out in Term 1. You will also need to provide brief descriptions of each term and at the end of your character generation please provide a paragraph or so of a physical description of your character ; also an ideal or philosophy your character holds along with some form of character flaw.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (15) »

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,