Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 13 of 15

I can appreciate how frustrating it is to - Page 13 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 13th Apr, 2016 - 6:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 15 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Closed
Discuss  Aericsteele' s Traveller Character Creation Make sure to read the first Post of this Thread for instructions about creating your Character.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2016 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 13

Sure. It is no problem for me to add those skills you want to my character. I've went ahead and edited my character skill set to the one you gave me.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Feb, 2016 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Awesome, welcome aboard Demonicangel. The crew is currently on the planet Ruie in the Spinward Marches (Regina Subsector). You can find some information on this planet by going to the wiki link provided in the opening post of the Main Role-playing Game Thread. Post an introduction for your character in this thread (Character creation thread) and include in it the events that led your character to find themselves at the Space Port on Ruie.

Then all the players can discuss how to work your character into the crew in this thread as well. I'm thinking maybe using the ship share that you obtained as part of the mustering out benefits during character creation as a means for your character to buy into the ship as a share holder so to speak in a manner similar to what the other crew members have done.

3rd Mar, 2016 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Referee relays...

So I tried to put something of a history of the Wildcard together. Players should feel free to offer suggestion regardingchanges to this history. I attempted to include part of Silver's background into the history but let me know if anyone disagrees with it; in particular I recall Silver mentioning something about the death of his former employer but I'm not sure when or how that occurred:

40 Year old Free Trader

Produced on 0235-1075 at a small shipyard in the Deneb sector/Sabine subsector, the Wildcard was initially owned and operated by Pendall Inc. A small trade corporation that ran routes in the area around the Magash system. Originally named The Pelican she would undergo a name change in 1083 when Pendall Inc. Went bankrupt and its owner/CEO, Maas Thorni, lost her during a card game to a rival merchant named Jovana Supan.

Ms. Supan dubbed her the Wildcard based on the fact that she won the match with a joker/wildcard. Supan was branching out into the Spinward Marches and decided to sublet the ship to a small time trader named Niklaus Milas who had the ship transported to Efate in the Regina Subsector under the belief that the Megacorporations were less prominent in the Spinward Marches and therefore it was a much more lucrative location for the small time trader. Running the Efate/Regina lines, Milas proceeded to run the ship into the ground over the course of the next ten years.

Milas was a terrible businessman and had a tendency to cut corners, especially in terms of maintenance. In 1091 Milas had been skipping out on his payments for years after suffering consistent financial losses and Supan had the Wildcard forcefully repossessed. Supan traded the Wildcard into a local ship dealer for credit on a newer model and the ship sat on Efate for the next three years until she was purchased by a man named Molit who worked in the field of corporate diplomacy/espionage.

Molit ran the Wildcard along the Efate/Regina line conducting speculative trading while transporting minor corporate dignitaries. The Wildcard was at Regina when the Zhodani invaded and set off the Fifth Frontier War, although she was docked and saw no action nor was she imperiled during the fight.

Molit's star initially rose quickly as he became embroiled in the world of corporate espionage. Unfortunately in 1100 his fortunes declined when one of his top stewards, Adeline Dupre, left his employ under mysterious circumstances. Like Milas before him, Molit began to skimp on maintenance and cut corners. As the quality of the ship and his crew declined so too did the quality and quantity of Molit's clientele until he was catering primarily to petty dignitaries and would be entrepreneurs.

Molit's death in 1114 while at Regina was sudden and unexplained and it left the Wildcard with no owner until 1115 when she was purchased by the current crew.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 3rd Mar, 2016 - 6:49pm

4th Mar, 2016 - 2:23am / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 13 Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

This is Kanin, over...

I am ok with the ship's backstory. Now.... Off to find parts for the maintenance of that old girl!

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2016 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Traveller Aericsteeles

Wow the Ol'Girl has been really mistreated.

*Pats the hull and paints under the Wildcard logo "Under Better Management"*.

12th Apr, 2016 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Rebel over...

Morfeas suggested that I contact you, to see if you are accepting a new character. I have the core Traveler book by Mongoose, and can roll up a character shortly if you like. Would you prefer I roll on here or just use my own die?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Apr, 2016 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation - Page 13

The Referee relays...

I'm a little wary about adding another since the last two have flaked out but I will accept one more player since one of the current/active players can vouch for you;

You can use the character generator to roll up your character or roll manually as described in the character creation thread

13th Apr, 2016 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 13

Rebel over...

I can appreciate how frustrating it is to have characters constantly duck in and out of your game. I can commit to posting at least 1/day M-F and usually 1/weekend (So about 6/week). I am finishing up my app and will post it here soon.

+  « First of 15 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,