Sunscreen

Sunscreen - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 15th Jul, 2008 - 4:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Does your sunscreen really work for you?
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2008 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sunscreen

More sunscreens fail test, Consumer NZ finds

Two more sunscreens have failed to meet their sun protection (SPF) claims, a Consumer NZ test has found.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/4573692a11.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2008 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Sunscreen
A Friend

Sunscreen

I normally buy just a basic 30 SPF sunscreen/tanning lotion. I am outside a lot so I am usually a little tanned as the sun gets warmer outside. I have experienced no problem with using my 30 SPF lotions. I normally buy coppertone.

6th Jun, 2008 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Sunscreen Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I have for years used No-Ad sunscreen 30 to 45 it is very water proof and used to be very cheap. I also tend to use farmers sunscreen on real hot days...A light cotton shirt with long sleeves. Lets the wind blow around you keep you cool and adds sunblock also. I also find if I can get out early say March, April and get a good base I seldom need much for sunblock.

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2008 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Sunscreen
A Friend

Sunscreen

Lucky you I am danish decent and I burn very easy and it is not pretty. smile.gif I use sunscreen/block when ever I am outside for longer than half a hour.

6th Jun, 2008 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Sunscreen

I don't think I have ever put on sunscreen in my life, maybe thats a bad thing but I just dont make a bid deal over it. Probably next time I'm on the beach in the next decade or so I'll put on some and see if I feel any different.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2008 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Sunscreen
A Friend

Sunscreen

I've recently purchased the Coppertone Sport SPF30 sunscreen lotion (not the spray). I usually burn within 10 minutes of being in the sun without sunscreen, as I am very fair. One application of the sunscreen lasted me for four hours while under the sun for the whole duration (minus a 10-minute break in the shade). I know you're supposed to re-apply, but I didn't. I did not get burned. Good stuff.

For my face, on a daily basis, I use the Avon daily moisturizer with SPF 15. It's a nice light moisturizer and doesn't make my face look greasy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2008 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Sunscreen
A Friend

Sunscreen

I have been using the coppertone sports spray that is 30spf. I have used it for the second year in a row and no burns so far. Wooot! smile.gif

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2008 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Sunscreen
A Friend

Sunscreen Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

A little tidbit I found about our lovely little Coppertone Sport undecided.gif

Coppertone's Sport Lotion (*est. $10/6 ounces) initially sounds like the perfect protection for active folks -- it's oil-free without greasy residue, and the sweat-proof formula keeps this sunscreen out of the eyes. This sunscreen is water-resistant and comes in SPF 15, 30 and 50. It is labeled as a UVA/UVB sunscreen, but its ingredient list shows that Coppertone Sport Lotion sunscreen doesn't contain any of the recommended long-wave UVA protective ingredients (avobenzone, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, Mexoryl SX or Tinosorb) that signify a complete sunscreen. Only the face version, Coppertone Sunscreen Sport Faces SPF 50 (*est. $7/4 ounces) and a couple of the Continuous Spray formulas (*est. $10.50/6 ounces) contain avobenzone as a UVA defense.

If you like the other qualities of these Coppertone Sport sunscreens, choose either the face lotion or the Continuous Spray SPF 50 or 70; however, reviewers say broad-spectrum UVA protection shouldn't be an "extra," but a given. Every sunscreen should contain UVA protection, so the face and spray formulas are simply complying with current health standards -- not offering anything extra.

https://www.consumersearch.com/www/family/s...een/review.html

Looks like I'm going to have to ditch my loved Coppertone lotion and go for another brand.

I've heard that spray-on sunscreens aren't good. Any idea why? I can't seem to find any thorough information to indicate that they are bad. The above site seems to have tidbits of info, but nothing in-depth.

Reconcile Edited: Daria on 15th Jul, 2008 - 4:18pm

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Sunscreen

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,