Hollow Earth Expedition RPG

Hollow Earth Expedition Rpg - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 10th May, 2016 - 1:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

Best of  Hollow Earth Expedition RPG HEX RPG - RPG System Reviewed
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Hollow Earth Expedition Role-playing Game

Based on your experiences what for you was the Hollow Earth Expedition Role-playing Game 's rating, pros and cons?

Hollow Earth Expedition RPG (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

RPG Expedition Earth Hollow

Hollow Earth Expedition is a pulp 1930s role-playing game set in the fictitious Hollow Earth, published by Exile Game Studio. The game has been nominated for several Origins and ENnie awards since its release in 2006. The main rule book is Hollow Earth Expedition, and it is often abbreviated as HEX. - Wikipedia

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Hollow Earth Expedition RPG Reviews RPG & Card Board

RPG Name: Hollow Earth Expedition

Description: Hollow Earth Expedition RPG by Exile Games Studio 1930's style pulp adventure

What are your reviews for this casual role-playing game? Would Hollow Earth Expedition play by post work well? So now that you have tried this game system, what are your thoughts?

Played As: Hollow Earth Expedition PBP RPG? or See more RPG systems

Post Date: 10th May, 2016 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hollow Earth Expedition (HEX) utilizes a system called Ubiquity.

Simply put, you can either choose to take the average of pass/fail attempts on a specific roll or you can actually roll the number of dice represented by a particular task and collect the number of successes.

What does this mean?

Say you want a game less crunchy and dice heavy, then you utilize the average successes features when a task requires a result. Then role play the resulting outcome.

If you like the feel of the dice and you want to see fate step in, by all means roll the dice for the task at hand. Listen to the polyhedrals dance across the table. Then role-play the outcome.

The system is quite easy to read and set up. All one would really needs to decide is if HEX/Nazis and Dinosaurs is the right setting to play the Ubiquity system in.

Post Date: 10th May, 2016 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

HEX and more appropriately the Ubiquity system are an easy to understand system.

First read through I got flash backs to playing JB's Future Earth.

Begin with an Archetype, followed by the character's Motivation. Next are six (6) Primary Attributes, then six (6) Derived/Secondary Attributes. Note a character's Size, his starting Style, followed by Skills (With Specializations available within those skills), then rounded out with Talents, Resources, and Flaws.

The Ubiquity system runs on success/fails to reach a target number [TN]. There is an option to take the average successes as opposed to rolling the dice and counting the number of successes.

This game is really genre neutral and favors no specific genre or theme more than another. If you want to run sci-fi, it handles it. You want to run Horror, it handles it.

I have a couple of "Homebrew" games that I am adapting to this system. Should be interesting.

10th May, 2016 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

I know this Role-playing Game since it came out and I have the core and most of its supplements. It has a nice steampunk theme into it. Sadly I never found people to play it, and I have the books sitting in my library.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th May, 2016 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Morfeas, my friend, it would seem we run in a lot of the same gaming circles.

I just got introduced to HEX in April as a friend is running a Highlander Play By Post using the Ubiquity rules.

STEAMPUNK. All right more reading in the Ubiquity system.

> TOPIC: Hollow Earth Expedition RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,