Would You Play A Villain? - Page 3 of 6

False. That's a simplistic view of - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Jan, 2016 - 4:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
  Would Play Villain
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2015 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

Would You Play A Villain?
A Friend

Would You Play A Villain? - Page 3

A villain is usually defined by those around him. Often this label is placed by those who do not agree with his/her actions. I disagree with the title superheroes and I feel that they are just as much villains as the villains they combat.

Think about the damage done by the Hulk tossing his opponent into a building. Now people live in that building (Real estate is expensive) and now their residence is no more. Where do these people go? Suddenly we have homeless individuals by the hundreds showing up because a Super couldn't control himself and find some other means to detain an individual doing worse wrongs.

So if you had not been effected by the villain doing epic battle with the hero, and suddenly your building is demolished by the hero. How would you make the call, the lesser of two evils?

Changing directions. I see no problem with playing the opposition. Tastefully done, it adds dynamic events and character to a game. However, a jerk is still a jerk, whether you call him a villain or not.

Sponsored Links:
11th Dec, 2015 - 9:15am / Post ID: #

Villain Play Would

I would play a villain, no problem. Although I prefer "Grey" characters or antiheroes. There is a saying from Batman "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain", which is true.

Hmmm, maybe I will do such a character in my next Dungeons & Dragons campaign.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2015 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Would You Play A Villain? Reviews RPG & Card Board

What about the reverse of that? A villain seeking redemption? How many good deeds does it take to erase the red ink in one's moral ledger?

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2015 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Villain Play Would

Faction and Reputation. In some games "Grinding" faction to build up one's reputation, not even certain you could erase completely the negative impression others have of the villain.

If the villain does not reveal himself and exists beneath the surface of the game, does that count as favorable reputation?

26th Jan, 2016 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Villain Play Would

If I did play a villain I would have to be among players that are also villains or accept him as a villain or there will be a big conflict of interests and the game could become an internal affair.

26th Jan, 2016 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

I'm a Dungeon Master. I play villains all the time.

As a player, I enjoy playing characters that explore morality and are faced with hard choices. I've fallen, found redemption, and sacrificed a character's honor for the greater good.

I don't often play PCs who are unrepentantly evil. They typically have solid reasons for their villainy and I find cartoonish mustache twirling villainy dull.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jan, 2016 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Would Play Villain - Page 3

A villain is usually about his personal gain whatever that is so why select that if you're going to play with other people unless you are bad for everyone else but party characters.

30th Jan, 2016 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Would Play Villain Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

False. That's a simplistic view of villainy.

Magneto is a villain because of the means he's willing to employ to strengthen and protect his species.

The Operative from Serenity was a villain doing what needed to be done to protect the central government.

Villains can absolutely have noble motives and the very best villains often do.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Would You Play A Villain?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,