Would You Play A Villain? - Page 5 of 6

Yes, more particular I play a hard villain. - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2017 - 3:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
  Would Play Villain
19th Mar, 2016 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Would You Play A Villain? - Page 5

A villain can be really a good guy for some if you think about their objective. It really depends which side of the coin you're looking at. Maybe a villain is someone who is acting on behalf of the minority and not the majority. There are different levels of villain too. One could be mild (Pick pocket) while another could be a serial killer!

Sponsored Links:
14th Jul, 2017 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Villain Play Would

Sure I would play a villain. Its not my first choice as I prefer to be the heroine of the victim but I will work it if the scenario is interesting enough.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Would You Play A Villain?
A Friend

Would You Play A Villain? Reviews RPG & Card Board

Yes, I can play a villain and I have in the past. In fact, in my Oriental Adventures based game I played a villainish sort… who was a villain but did his villainous work for the good of the Empire.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Villain Play Would

Yes, and with gusto, at least when Dungeon Master.

When playing, It would need to be the right game. I'm not about to be the one Ahole in a party of halfway decent people. I have yet to participate in an evil party campaign, which I suppose would be the primary prerequisite for me to play a villainous PC.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Villain Play Would

So in my OA game honor is much more important than alignment. My character was the character willing to do underhanded work for the good of the Empire. He was the equivalent of LE. He was a villain, but a villain for a good cause. Think of Robin Hood only not really caring too much about the poor, he was a samurai with ninja training remember, but more about the good of the Empire against forces of darkness. That said, he would have sacrificed one of the other PCs in a heart beat for the good of the Empire. Of course, it was his and his clans interpretation of what was good for the Empire.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I can and have played a villain. I think even a bad guy can do some good for those in the area. Granted while some may not like a villian they can and do support them if they are happy with their lives. It is just getting to that point.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Would Play Villain - Page 5

Yeah, the hard part is integrating a villain into a group. MY OA player came from a clan that was known to be dishonorable. Of course, the first clan leader was asked to take that route by his brother, the first Emperor. They have been the spies, assassins, and ninja of this setting ever since. So, the other players never really trusted him. But he showed his worth and a few relented and he became friends with them.

They benefitted greatly from that friendship, because the other thing this clan is known for is loyalty to friends… it's just damn hard to earn that friendship. Well, he used his villainy to benefit his friends in the group. And he'd occasionally use it to the detriment of others… as long as it didn't mess with the groups aim too much. Nothing anyone could ever prove… luckily. That was a lot of fun.

22nd Aug, 2017 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Would Play Villain Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

Yes, more particular I play a hard villain. They already have quite useful skills, with numerous ways of pumping Diplomacy and Bluff, as well a way of having very impressive Knowledge.

More particular they have access to bardic performances, illusions, divination, enchantment, and even summoning spells that would be very helpful in manipulating, in buff/debuff, spying on, controlling others, or calling minions. Very useful battlefield control.

They could be a villain with a pleasant face and helpful manner. The unassuming entertainer, musician, or jester able to hide keep to the background. The ally who seemingly provides the party what they need to move forward. Perhaps even the adviser close to the throne whispering in the ear of whoever is in charge.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Aug, 2017 - 3:55am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Would You Play A Villain?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,