Players Waiting On Players Syndrome - Page 2 of 3

Some don't get the gestures so you - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 9th Sep, 2017 - 10:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 
Top  Players Waiting On Players Syndrome
28th Mar, 2016 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Players Waiting On Players Syndrome - Page 2

Personally, I like when the Dungeon Master is active enough that he notices when players are stalling and keeps the story going. I know this topic is about the players but if the players just aren't doing anything there should be no reason to wait on them.

Sponsored Links:
17th Apr, 2016 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Syndrome Players Waiting Players

Thank you for all the responses I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has observed this. The image placed for this topic is very funny, whoever did it thank you. Personally I like to get in a post each day sometimes twice a day but if more time than this is passing I tend to post my character's future actions regardless of the others.

4th Jun, 2016 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Players Waiting On Players Syndrome Reviews RPG & Card Board

One of the things that causes extra waiting time is when one player's character has a unique set of skills that everyone else wish they had for their character such as being able to find and remove traps or detect magic. Players want those checked first (Traps and magic) before they move on and if the character with those skills happens to be managed by a slow poke then it means a lot of waiting time for everyone else.

16th Nov, 2016 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Syndrome Players Waiting Players

Sometimes players may feel that its the initiative of a certain player as the main figure in the game at the moment. So to make a move without first knowing the action of the main player will probably be jumping ahead.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2016 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Players Waiting On Players Syndrome
A Friend

Syndrome Players Waiting Players

In the relatively brief time I've been playing Play By Post, I've found many reasons to wait for other players.

They mostly boil down to having little to contribute until additional input is received. Maybe he has asked a question and the other person hasn't responded, maybe he's quietly anticipating something and won't be doing or saying anything else until given reason. Or maybe he's just been talking a bit too much and I don't want to dominate the exchange even more.

27th Nov, 2016 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Players Waiting On Players Syndrome

Waiting outside of combat can be tolerated but once combat has begun I think everyone needs to be more timely because we pretty much know that everyone will be waiting on the rolls. I think the Dungeon Master can speed things along by just keeping to a time frame no matter who says or does what.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Mar, 2017 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Players Waiting Players Syndrome - Page 2

The image speaks loud! People don't have a clue. I hate when you say "Its your turn" and the person says "Oh its my turn?" I feel like saying "Yes, five minutes ago!"

9th Sep, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Players Waiting Players Syndrome Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Some don't get the gestures so you have to lead them by the hand. Not everyone is proactive or in-sync with everyone else and need a little help sometimes *wink*.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Players Waiting On Players Syndrome

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,