Players Waiting On Players Syndrome - Page 2 of 2

The image speaks loud! People don't - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 19th Mar, 2017 - 10:39pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 4 46 113 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 
Top  Players Waiting On Players Syndrome
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2016 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Premium Editor
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 773
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 15.8%
[+] Gain: 4,521.10 FP
Charm: 28

Players Waiting On Players Syndrome - Page 2

Personally, I like when the Dungeon Master is active enough that he notices when players are stalling and keeps the story going. I know this topic is about the players but if the players just aren't doing anything there should be no reason to wait on them.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2016 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 288
Avg: 2.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 75.0%
[+] Gain: 2,484.25 FP
Charm: 25

Syndrome Players Waiting Players

Thank you for all the responses I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has observed this. The image placed for this topic is very funny, whoever did it thank you. Personally I like to get in a post each day sometimes twice a day but if more time than this is passing I tend to post my character's future actions regardless of the others.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2016 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 157
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.2%
[+] Gain: 215.82 FP
Charm: 3

Players Waiting On Players Syndrome Reviews RPG & Card Board

One of the things that causes extra waiting time is when one player's character has a unique set of skills that everyone else wish they had for their character such as being able to find and remove traps or detect magic. Players want those checked first (Traps and magic) before they move on and if the character with those skills happens to be managed by a slow poke then it means a lot of waiting time for everyone else.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2016 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 26
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.3%
[+] Gain: 13.44 FP
Charm: 1

Page 2 Syndrome Players Waiting Players

Sometimes players may feel that its the initiative of a certain player as the main figure in the game at the moment. So to make a move without first knowing the action of the main player will probably be jumping ahead.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2016 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 756
Avg: 13.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,172.82 FP
Charm: 65

Syndrome Players Waiting Players

In the relatively brief time I've been playing Play By Post, I've found many reasons to wait for other players.

They mostly boil down to having little to contribute until additional input is received. Maybe he has asked a question and the other person hasn't responded, maybe he's quietly anticipating something and won't be doing or saying anything else until given reason. Or maybe he's just been talking a bit too much and I don't want to dominate the exchange even more.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 288
Avg: 2.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 75.0%
[+] Gain: 2,484.25 FP
Charm: 25

Players Waiting On Players Syndrome

Waiting outside of combat can be tolerated but once combat has begun I think everyone needs to be more timely because we pretty much know that everyone will be waiting on the rolls. I think the Dungeon Master can speed things along by just keeping to a time frame no matter who says or does what.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2017 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Member Reader
[?] CPosts: 22
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 4.7%
[+] Gain: 65.71 FP
Charm: 3

Page 2 Players Waiting Players Syndrome

The image speaks loud! People don't have a clue. I hate when you say "Its your turn" and the person says "Oh its my turn?" I feel like saying "Yes, five minutes ago!"

Guest please SHARE: "Players Waiting On Players Syndrome" on:

+  1 2 
Sponsored Links:

If Players Waiting On Players Syndrome is not what you are looking for then you may wish to Start A NEW Topic.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
, please check your grammar before submitting. ?

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Players Waiting On Players Syndrome

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

RPG Info

Latest Game Topics

Highlights

Text RPG Character Creator: This custom program is the foundation of how all the RPGs function here. By JB 9th Apr, 2017 - 11:14pm
RPG Etiquette: Do you think there should be a standard, is there a standard? By LitRPG 19th Mar, 2017 - 10:41pm
Players Waiting On Players Syndrome: As a Player you can take the initiative in a game, do not be shy. By LitRPG 19th Mar, 2017 - 10:39pm
Can One Player And A Game Master Carry A Game?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By LitRPG 19th Mar, 2017 - 10:31pm
Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By LitRPG 19th Mar, 2017 - 10:29pm
Looking For Committed Game Masters For JB's Boards: If you are a committed Game Master then you might like to share your skills! By JB 22nd Feb, 2017 - 11:45am
What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?: When you come here to role-play what are you expecting from the game? By Kyrroeth 12th Jan, 2017 - 11:38pm
Text RPG Creator Character Switching: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 14th Apr, 2016 - 11:47am
Over Reliance On The Game Master To Have Fun: The Game Master only creates the setting, you decide how to have fun in it! By Krusten 8th Apr, 2016 - 11:41pm
Dependable RPG Players: When you go to war do you want a fellow soldier or flaker on your side? By JB 6th Jan, 2016 - 10:10pm

Updated every: 59 minutes