Don't Break A New Player's Enthusiasm - Page 4 of 5

I try and be as welcoming as I can be to new - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 19th Jul, 2017 - 9:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
Discuss  Don' t Break New Player' s Enthusiasm
13th Feb, 2016 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Don't Break A New Player's Enthusiasm - Page 4

My opinion - its largely up to how the Dungeon Master does things - that determines the enthusiasm of everyone. If the Dungeon Master is excited then the players will be too. If the Dungeon Master is just going through the motions or showing up whenever you can't expect the players to be enthusiastic.

Sponsored Links:
16th Mar, 2016 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Enthusiasm Players New Break Dont

international QUOTE
If the Dungeon Master is just going through the motions or showing up whenever you can't expect the players to be enthusiastic

Big true that! The game master is the master of the game not the players otherwise we might as well be called the play masters and then decide what happens. I think I saw a recent thread about that somewhere.

9th Jul, 2016 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Don't Break A New Player's Enthusiasm Reviews RPG & Card Board

Make sure to give them some Charm (Like their Post). Now that Charm shows everywhere if your new Player is being helpful or diligent make sure to "Like" their attempts so they aren't Posting with "None" under their Avatar.

16th Mar, 2017 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Enthusiasm Players New Break Dont

Most Dungeon Masters do not see themselves as responsible for how enthusiastic their games are and put full responsibility on the player. I think its 70% Dungeon Master and 30% player for how good the game goes.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Don't Break A New Player's Enthusiasm
A Friend

Enthusiasm Players New Break Dont

international QUOTE
... 70% Dungeon Master and 30% player for how good the game goes

Unfortunately, this is so very true. I think it's incumbent upon the Dungeon Master to keep the excitement going. If the Dungeon Master is excited the players will be too.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am always excited for my games. I have so many things ready for the players. Just need to give them the right nudge I guess. I know at times I am not the best at that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jul, 2017 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Don't Break New Player's Enthusiasm - Page 4

Whenever someone new joins our group I always say "Okay let's be on our best behavior now so we don't all look like a group of [..]!"

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Don't Break New Player's Enthusiasm Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

I try and be as welcoming as I can be to new players and new people on these boards. I like this site so much that I want everyone who comes here to know how good it is run and how nice the people here are.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Don't Break A New Player's Enthusiasm

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,