Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings - Page 2 of 2

If this will cost anything like the gems do - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 26th Jan, 2016 - 2:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2016 - 9:56am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings
A Friend

Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings - Page 2

.. I had thought I made it clear that I didn't care if someone had their character attack me in game. That can be a fun bit of intrigue. The difference is that in doing a private plot with the Dungeon Master, it's your character that still runs the risk of eventually being caught. This option is metagaming - I don't know how else to explain it. It is the equivalent of giving your Dungeon Master some food so that he does what you want with no potential repercussion for your character. I say there's no potential repercussion because it's an out of game action. If someone comes at me in a game with their character, even if they use proxies and what not, I still eventually have the potential of finding out and dishing out justice. With this option, I would have to metagame to get back against their character, because their character never took an action - just the player.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jan, 2016 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Rings Divergent Creators RPG Text

Could be a good way to get back at someone that gets the party in trouble all the time. Just imagine if the whole party pooled their rings against that one player! *I feel an evil grin coming on*.

21st Jan, 2016 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings Reviews RPG & Card Board

Yet a problem I see is that the rings and their effect are random, so trying to focus on a single player's character wouldn't be possible. Unless I am mistaken? Looks back at original post... Hmm, perhaps I am mistake and you can choose the player, just the effect is just random.

Still, this means that pooling ones' rings on a single character could given both positive and negative benefits.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 21st Jan, 2016 - 9:55pm

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2016 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Rings Divergent Creators RPG Text

international QUOTE (Hunter @ 21-Jan 16, 7:50 PM)
Could be a good way to get back at someone that gets the party in trouble all the time. Just imagine if the whole party pooled their rings against that one player! *I feel an evil grin coming on*.

I think that would be a good way to get someone to quit playing. That's it. Because of that, if this is ever implemented I pledge to never use it. I don't mind roleplayed discord among a party. I do have a serious issue with screwing party members over with no potential consequence in game. If, however, the character was automatically made aware of who had cursed them, I wouldn't care as much (I still wouldn't use it). Suffice it to say, if I got cursed, the one who attacked me - because it's an attack, make no mistake - would be dealt with accordingly biggrin.gif.

22nd Jan, 2016 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Rings Divergent Creators RPG Text

I think it depends on what level of trickery the rings will bring. If its not detrimental to another player's character then it might bring some laughs.

26th Jan, 2016 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

If this will cost anything like the gems do then I doubt they will be very popular and it might be easy to detect who can use it because they have enough FP to afford it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator's Divergent Rings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,