Zika Virus & WHO - Page 3 of 7

Zika's potential threat to world blood - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Jun, 2016 - 3:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Best of  Zika Virus & WHO General Thread about the Zika virus. There are Threads for each country as well.
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2016 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Zika Virus & WHO - Page 3

The genetic evolution of Zika virus

An analysis comparing the individual differences between over 40 strains of Zika virus has identified significant changes in both amino acid and nucleotide sequences during the past half-century. The data support a strong divergence between the Asian and African lineages as well as human and mosquito isolates of the virus, and will likely be helpful as researchers flush out how a relatively unknown pathogen led to the current outbreak. Ref. Source 1i.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th May, 2016 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

WHO and Virus Zika

Quick test for Zika effectively detects virus in monkeys

Scientists have developed a low-cost, rapid paper-based diagnostic system for strain-specific detection of the Zika virus, with the goal that it could soon be used in the field to screen blood, urine, or saliva samples. Ref. Source 4w.

Post Date: 20th May, 2016 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO Health & Special Psychology

Why humans (And not mice) are susceptible to Zika

Flaviviruses -- such as Zika, dengue, and yellow fever -- have emerged as human pathogens because of their ability to specifically overcome our anti-viral defenses. In the case of Zika, researchers that one of the virus's seven non-structural proteins (NS5) is singularly responsible for blocking the action of interferons (Proteins that stop viral replication) in human cells, while mouse cells are unaffected. Ref. Source 8r.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2016 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 WHO and Virus Zika

Scientists offer first look at how our cells can 'swallow up and quarantine' Zika

Eight weeks after receiving their first samples of Zika virus, scientists have shown that a very small protein we all have in our bodies, interferon-induced protein 3 (IFITM3), can dramatically reduce the ability of Zika virus to infect human and mouse cells. Ref. Source 2j.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2016 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO
A Friend

WHO and Virus Zika

I wish I could locate the article, however, residents in some states (I believe the Carolinas and Tennessee) are building bat houses around their property to keep down the mosquito population and thereby reduce the chances of getting Zika and other blood born illnesses that come from mosquito.

8th Jun, 2016 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO

For me Zika is the new malaria. My comparison has to do with how malaria spread years ago and killed many until they developed a vaccine. I think Zika is scary because of the way it can be passed on to people and because an unborn child can get it too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2016 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO - Page 3

Potential drug target identified for Zika, similar viruses

A single gene pathway that is vital for Zika and other flaviviruses to spread infection between cells has now been identified by researchers. Further, they showed that shutting down a single gene in this pathway -- in both human and insect cells -- does not negatively affect the cells themselves and renders flaviviruses unable to leave the infected cell, curbing the spread of infection. Ref. Source 5u.

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2016 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

Zika's potential threat to world blood supply deserves study and action

Blood safety researchers say it is highly likely that the mosquito-borne Zika virus can be transmitted through blood transfusions and are calling for an evidence-based approach to protecting the blood supply from the threat of Zika virus according to experts. The researchers say among several possible steps that could be taken to mitigate safety concerns: deferring blood donors who have symptoms of the infection, developing better blood screening tests, and finding ways to reduce the pathogen. Ref. Source 9v.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Zika Virus & WHO

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,