Zika Virus & WHO - Page 2 of 7

Link between Zika virus and fetal brain damage - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 1st Apr, 2016 - 1:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Best of  Zika Virus & WHO General Thread about the Zika virus. There are Threads for each country as well.
11th Mar, 2016 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO - Page 2

There is more evidence that shows Zika may actually cause birth defects based on studies done using stem cells. Due to the 'newness' of the virus nothing is conclusive yet but pregnant women definitely have to be extra cautious and later the WHO may need to reexamine their stance on it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2016 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

WHO and Virus Zika

Change in mosquito mating may control Zika virus

Genetic cues from male Aedes aegypti mosquitoes passed on during sex affect which genes are turned on or off in a females' reproductive tract post-mating, including genes related to blood feeding, egg development and immune defense, according to new research.The researchers believe such processes provide information that could be exploited to fight mosquito-borne diseases, such as dengue fever, chikungunya and Zika virus. Ref. Source 6q.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2016 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO Health & Special Psychology

Computer-assisted approaches as decision support systems serving to combat the Zika virus

No drug is known to treat ZIKV infection; neither do we have any vaccine which can prevent the spread of it. While scientists are trying to cope with the situation, computer-assisted approaches may help as decision support systems. Ref. Source 8p.

21st Mar, 2016 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Page 2 WHO and Virus Zika

I haven't given Zika much thought. I only heard about it because its happening in Brazil where all the athletes are going for the Olympics. I don't live a promiscuous lifestyle and keep away from mosquito ridden areas so I'm good. wink.gif.

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2016 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

WHO and Virus Zika

Global spread of Zika linked to types of mosquitoes that transmit it

More cities than previously assumed could soon grapple with the Zika virus if two species of mosquitos are found to be equally effective carriers of the disease, a disease ecologist and his colleagues argue. Ref. Source 3u.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2016 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO

Assay developed to find a cure for Zika virus

Researchers report the development of a unique antiviral assay - a test that can be used by researchers worldwide to detect the Zika virus in infected cell cultures. Ref. Source 1e.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Mar, 2016 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO - Page 2

That Zika virus is spreading across the globe and I feel from the trend we won't see the affects of it until many months have passed.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2016 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Zika Virus & WHO Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Link between Zika virus and fetal brain damage confirmed

Zika virus can be detected in blood samples taken from a pregnant woman while brain damage is developing, as well as isolated in cell culture from the brain tissue of the fetus. Ref. Source 9p.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Zika Virus & WHO

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,