Wanted: Science Fiction RPG Game Masters - Page 2 of 3

What I mean, is the material required by the - Page 2 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 6th Jun, 2018 - 1:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Closed
  Wanted Science Fiction RPG Game Masters Systems include: Traveller, Traveller 2300AD, in house system (Future Earth), Savage Worlds, etc.
13th Aug, 2017 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Wanted: Science Fiction RPG Game Masters - Page 2

The Game Master says...

I'm trying to promote the use of this section using the Text Role-playing Game Character Creator for a new Science Fiction game. A couple of prospective Game Masters have joined because of it but lets see if anything materializes.

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2017 - 8:41am / Post ID: #

Masters Game RPG Fiction Science Wanted

I was just wondering would there be anyone interested in playing a text based Startrek Role-playing Game game here?

I've been playing Kntorans Dungeons & Dragons 3.5, and Daishains Dungeons & Dragons 5e, and enjoy playing both.

I'm kind of hoping that an Role-playing Game Startrek, can utilize the same dice system. Also the character creation system, thats used here.

If it's already done, then there is no need to reinvent the wheel and duplicate it here.

However, if not then I wouldn't mind exploring the concept.

19th Nov, 2017 - 10:31am / Post ID: #

Wanted: Science Fiction RPG Game Masters RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Game Master says...

Anronrosby, to find out who is interested you need to follow the steps here: How To Be A Game Master. When you setup your recruitment Thread we will go into the details including version, any copyright laws, etc.

20th Mar, 2018 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Masters Game RPG Fiction Science Wanted

I personally think it would be a great idea, to start up another text-based, play by post, science fiction role-playing game.

I'm thinking of creating a new science fiction, text-based role playing game. With loose parallels, but not related to a original Star trek table top Role-playing Game.

Copyright laws are are generally prohibitive, or restrictive in either a Startrek, or a Starwars play by post, text based role playing game, unfortunately.

However, your unique character generator, embedded dice rolls, and support would greatly assist in the creation of a new science fiction play by post Role-playing Game game.

I've, answered your call for Science Fiction Role-playing Game gamemaster's, already. However, taking it slow by testing the water's with the "Review for a new science fiction character," in the Board, Card, & RPG reviews.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2018 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Wanted: Science Fiction RPG Game Masters
A Friend

Masters Game RPG Fiction Science Wanted

I like science fiction role playing at times and enjoyed the traveller game we had going. I would not mind another but we need a Game Master that can post regularly so that the game moves along and does not just stop. I know Krusten expressed the willingness to do a science fiction game and I would join it but right now I think she is not as regular as one would hope.

6th Jun, 2018 - 10:06am / Post ID: #

Wanted: Science Fiction RPG Game Masters

Just a query I'm thinking to "Run" as in Game mastering a Traveler, text based Role-playing Game.
Assuming, that I was to get at least three willing players, then I would be good to go.
Because, Traveler has been running, before, then I'm also assuming that copyright won't be an issue?
I would of course need to purchase appropriate rule books from a game shop first.
Which, then I would need to upload the required material.
Does that sound about right? Or is there other issues to consider??
Come to think of it what science fiction role playing games, currently on the market, don't have issues with copyright?
Also which ones are ok to run as a play by post text based game?

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 6th Jun, 2018 - 10:20am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jun, 2018 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Wanted Science Fiction RPG Game Masters - Page 2

The Game Master says...

The version of Traveller that Aericsteele used was fine, see: Aericsteele's Traveller - Mongoose Campaign Review. Have you Refereed a Traveller game before? It was my understanding that you wanted to use Star Trek as in Anronrosby's Star Trek Role-playing Game Review, but you would have to drop the name and any mention to main characters from the show.

I also do not know what you mean by upload the required material. There are MANY open source science fiction games the main problem comes down to these two things:

1. Do others know how to play it?
2. Do others want to play something they view as generic or new or do they rather 'known' names.

6th Jun, 2018 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Wanted Science Fiction RPG Game Masters Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 2

What I mean, is the material required by the Traveler Role-playing Game is free, and downloadable? If it isn't that would require myself, to upload it from a purchased material's, such as core rule book and so on.

I could drop the name as you suggested such as Startrek, Enterprise, Kirk and Spock etc. But still use Alien species, in Startrek, known by different name's.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Wanted: Science Fiction RPG Game Masters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,