The Trump Immigration Wall - Page 4 of 14

Kyrroeth, You are right on target with this. - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Mar, 2017 - 7:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (14) »
Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion.
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2017 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

The Trump Immigration Wall
A Friend

The Trump Immigration Wall - Page 4

Stacia,

President Trump isn't doing anything to the people who have already legally emigrated to the US. My guess is those people aren't going to want to return to their countries. His Executive Orders deal with people who haven't yet come to the US. [By The Way], those people are not US citizens so they don't have any rights under our Constitution. They also deal with those here illegally.

I have a very close friend, like a brother, from Afghanistan and he agrees with the EOs. He said the countries in those EOs are bad countries with bad people that we can't check. Those people that are here illegally probably need to worry… but the truth is they are breaking our law. I'm hoping what comes of this is the administration let's those people here illegally but working and keeping their noses clean to stay and provide a path to citizenship. Those that have committed felonies need to go. Those that have committed misdemeanors we check on a case by case basis. That's kind of what I'm hearing coming out lately.

Sponsored Links:
11th Feb, 2017 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Wall Immigration Trump The

The main basis President Trump uses for this wall is what the Israeli's are doing to keep the Palestinian's out. For me the comparison is like using the words "Small" vs "Mega". The wall that is to be built along the border of Mexico and the USA will require immense man power to patrol. The irony of it all is that more tunnels will be built and scouts will just look for weak spots and focus on that. I just don't see how it will be done.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

24th Feb, 2017 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

The Trump Immigration Wall History & Civil Business Politics

President Trump talks about that wall on the Mexican border as if its the main solution for the immigration problem from Mexico when it isn't. Even if that wall goes up there will be other ways for people to cross.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 33 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.3%

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Wall Immigration Trump The

JB and Abelard,

I understand what you are saying but I look at this from a military perspective. When I was in the infantry we'd lay out concertina wire. We knew it wouldn't stop the enemy as they approach, but it was an obstacle to slow them down and give us time to react. That is what this wall would be. And I am not calling these would-be immigrants the enemy, just using this as an example. It would be huge, but it would be a deterrent to some, and a hindrance to others. Furthermore, once the wall is in place there are acoustic listening devices that I'm sure they'd use to listen for people digging underneath. Weak spots could be identified and patrolled. It's by no means perfect, not even close. But it is better than nothing at all.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wall Immigration Trump The

How Trump's wall is affecting those at the borders

The first in a series travelling along the US-Mexico border, talking to those who might be affected by Trumps wall. Ref. Source 6p.

14th Mar, 2017 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

You build a 30 foot wall and what does it take to cross it? A 31 foot ladder or digging 15 feet underground, maybe even less. Without constant human patrols its not going to be as secure as its being made out to be.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 33 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Trump Immigration Wall - Page 4

They will have to patrol it. It's just a tool. You could say the same about any wall anywhere. Why put up a wall around your house or a secure faculty? Why lock your doors or windows? Someone can always bypass those locks but people still lock them. Walls do work. Look at Israel. I think the reason there is a heavy emphasis on the wall is that it's permanent. All kinds of other things could be done instead and might work also. All it takes though is for the next administration to come in and not care about the border and those measures can go away. Not so the wall once it is completed.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 14th Mar, 2017 - 6:35pm

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Trump Immigration Wall Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Kyrroeth,

You are right on target with this. A wall is simply another obstacle. Put enough obstacles in place and you deter people. Also, this isn't just going to be a fence like around your house. My guess is this fence is going to have some very smart sensors on it. Sensors that can feel vibrations underneath for folks digging tunnels. Sensors for people trying to cut it so a reaction force can be dispatched. Done correctly, a wall can not be one heck of a deterrent it can be a stop em cold barrier… but that takes resources and vigilance.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: The Trump Immigration Wall

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,