The Trump Immigration Wall - Page 7 of 14

This is why I hate the news. The article was - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Aug, 2017 - 8:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (14) »
Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion.
Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

The Trump Immigration Wall
A Friend

The Trump Immigration Wall - Page 7

Kyrroeth,

I agree with everything you said. I'm the grandchild of four immigrants so I'm not against immigration. I am against illegal immigration. Alchyrogue, you say the wall won't be perfect. You are right, nothing is. But it will be a deterrent. And with more agents it will cut illegal immigration significantly. Also, a huge number of illegals pass through Mexico from Central America. Probably the largest single source of illegal immigration. Many of them are MS 13.

Also, would you have the US do nothing because the solution isn't perfect? I mean, we pay for drug counseling but people still OD. That's not perfect. Should we stop that program. No, we have to act. If we cut this route off maybe it'll make it more difficult for some terrorist organization that managed to get their hands on WMD to come here and kill hundreds or more.

I know this subject elicits strong feelings. An open conversation where we all understand each other's reasons and don't suspect each other of being fascists or living in a dream world is the best way to fix this problem. Right now, our Congress isn't there. Both sides would rather play to the base, although I think the Democrats are bit more guilty of that now. I hope we maintain our civility here.

Sponsored Links:
24th May, 2017 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Wall Immigration Trump The

I appreciate your careful consideration. I am glad we are able to have an honest and frank discussion of such a topic without resorting to bashing of one's person or institutions. I do not follow the democrat or republican party as they are both too extreme in their beliefs. I am much more moderate than either party really allows for. I like ideas from each. As such I have no problem with criticizing either party. I do see your point that just because a solution isn't perfect isn't a good enough reason to give up trying. I completely agree. I am not trying to say that since there is no perfect solution we shouldn't keep trying to come up with one, I am just saying that a nearly 2000 mile (1,954 mi) wall is not feasible and waste more resources than it could ever hope to make up in a reasonable amount of time. I am not saying that illegals don't create problems, I am only saying that they don't create such problems that $20 billion wall is the best solution. I don't want violent people in the USA, and I know more people than just Mexicans come through the Mexico border with the US. I just think we need to find another solution besides this wall. It does work well in countries like Israel, but you have to keep in mind the all of Israel is only 8,019 miĀ², and the West Wall is only 440 mi. On small scale things always work better, but as you try to make it larger and larger, it just becomes less feasible. I am not saying that we should give up, just that we need a different solution.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Trump Immigration Wall History & Civil Business Politics

Agreed, a solid wall along the whole border is probably unfeasible. It needs to be multiple solutions and a layered defense. We need to add a path to citizenship to those people that are already here and haven't broken any laws other than immigration.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 7 Wall Immigration Trump The

Bid protest puts border wall on hold for months. President Trump's plans for a wall on the border ground to a halt this summer because a Texas businessman protested how bids for the project were handled. Source 8h.

Post Date: 20th Aug, 2017 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wall Immigration Trump The

We have tried that path to citizen ship before and all that did was bring more and more across the border. I say build the wall or get our borders from being so porous that we can control who and when people can enter our country legally.

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2017 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I agree with you KN. We have to be able to control our border or we aren't really a nation. As far and the bid protest goes, GAO has 100 days to make a determination… so this will only last at most a bit more than a month.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2017 - 7:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Trump Immigration Wall - Page 7

Coded Trump threat you missed. AMID his 80-minute speech was a critical line that could cause a world of pain for the US, as the United Nations puts the country on notice. Source 2b.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2017 - 8:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Trump Immigration Wall Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

This is why I hate the news. The article was okay until it said that protesters rally against President Trump's "Failure to condemn a Nazi rally" in Charlottesville. Except he did condemn it, he also condemned the other side for what they did. So here is another instance of mischaracterizing the news.

> TOPIC: The Trump Immigration Wall

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,