Trinidad & Tobago Autism

Trinidad Tobago Autism - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Trinidad & Tobago Autism Trinidad & Tobago Autistic - Aspergers - Aspie
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2015 - 6:24am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Autism

Trinidad & Tobago Autism

Is the subject of Autism in Trinidad & Tobago taboo?

What are the statistics? How many are affected by Autism in Trinidad & Tobago?

If you mentioned to a local that you are Autistic in Trinidad & Tobago will that lead to ridicule?

What are the names of the support groups for Autism families in Trinidad & Tobago?

Does Trinidad & Tobago provide free and public schooling, therapy and services for those on the Autism Spectrum?

Sponsored Links:
16th Dec, 2016 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Autism Tobago Trinidad

Since there are several questions asked in this topic I would like to answer each of them individually:

1. The subject of Autism in T&T is not really taboo but I can tell that some people try to avoid speaking about it.

2. In T&T there isn't really statistics on how many are affected by autism but I can definitely assure you that there are hundreds of families who are affected and in need of help from the government because of it.

3. If I mentioned to a local that I am Autistic there is a pretty high chance that it can lead to ridicule, a lot of people in the island is unfortunately too ignorant to accept the fact that some people have some challenges in life like everyone else.

4. One of the support groups I know is the Autism Parents Association of T&T.

5. There are currently no places in T&T that are in the public sector that provides free schooling for those in the Autism Spectrum. However the private sector does but a lot of them do not offer their services professionally and efficiently to help people, also they usually charge a very high price.

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,