Alchyrogue Introduction - Page 2 of 5

Sorry for my extended absence. I am at a conference - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 8th Aug, 2016 - 3:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2016 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Alchyrogue Introduction - Page 2

Hi Alchyrogue! Correct, boards that are not in-character Role-playing Games or Jokes or the Introductions & Member Sharing board are core. You have a background in Role-playing Games so you might like this board that is also core: Board, Card, & Role-playing Game Reviews.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2016 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,525
Flag Posts: 9,315
Avg: 1.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 41.4%
[+] Gain: 714.99 FP
Charm: 159

Introduction Alchyrogue

international QUOTE
What are some of the options for Core Post to get more FP?

Try to get more every now and again. You will see that FP can be valuable if you want extra features for your character or to access something special.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2008 - 12:15am
Signature:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2016 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 208
Flag Posts: 904
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 8.1%
[+] Gain: 105.49 FP
Charm: 46

Alchyrogue Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I see that this community has guidelines to be respectful, and I hold that in the highest ideal, but is strong language allowed (curse words, violent descriptions, etc) in the RPG threads? Not directed at another person, but just as colorful language that your character might use?

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: | Politics:
Tenet: | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 4th Apr, 2016 - 8:15pm
Signature:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2016 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 121
Flag Posts: 316
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.7%
[+] Gain: 515.95 FP
Charm: 15

Page 2 Introduction Alchyrogue

I think it depends with the campaign and the DM/Referee. Personally I find it ironic having violence and gore, but not strong/everyday language. In the Traveller campaign that I am playing, I use curses but they are in the "native" tongue of my dogman (Vargr) so there is not a redaction issues.

Try posting in the topics that interest you in the main forums and you will get your points in no-time. biggrin.gif

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 2nd Nov, 2015 - 12:25am
Signature:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2016 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Alchyrogue

international QUOTE (Alchyrogue)
...but is strong language allowed (curse words, violent descriptions, etc) in the RPG threads?

Hi Alchyrogue, if by strong language you mean the four letter word then no, it is not allowed and in many cases the word filter will try to get it out of your text or substitute it for another word.

Most players use descriptions for example,

"John curses his lack of good luck."
"Julie speaks up using choice expletives."

international QUOTE (Morfeas)
Personally I find it ironic having violence and gore, but not strong/everyday language.

There are specific topics about this if you want to ask or add input there:
* Too Much Violence In PBP RPGs?
* RPGs That Promote Badness
* Expletives

Post Date: 5th May, 2016 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,014
Flag Posts: 51,671
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.10 FP
Charm: 394

Alchyrogue Introduction

Alchyrogue, I will like to add my welcome.

I've been reading your thoughts on various Topics and enjoy the refreshing scientific approach to your Replies versus simply opinion but given your illustrious background in chemistry I can see why. I look forward to reading more.

The main purpose of my visit is to find out if you have ever considered running a Role-playing Game. In particular, I need someone to start running a Medieval Fantasy based game that is not Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder here.

The main Discussion on it is here: Looking For Committed Game Masters For JB's Boards:. There is no pressure, this is just an inquiry. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2016 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Alchyrogue Introduction - Page 2

Most noble viceroy Alchyrogue, me thinks thy knowledge and experience will bring to fruition the adventure that awaits thee: Begin.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2016 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 208
Flag Posts: 904
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 8.1%
[+] Gain: 105.49 FP
Charm: 46

Alchyrogue Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Sorry for my extended absence. I am at a conference with very bad internet connections and many things to try to do. I should be back to my regular internet by Wednesday or Thursday. Please feel free to zombie any of my characters until then. Again I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: | Politics:
Tenet: | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 4th Apr, 2016 - 8:15pm
Signature:
+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Alchyrogue Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,