Pregnant & Drinking - Page 2 of 2

Maternal binge drinking linked to mood problems - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 1st May, 2018 - 9:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Pregnant & Drinking Tougher laws needed...
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2017 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Pregnant & Drinking
A Friend

Pregnant & Drinking - Page 2

I think there can be something to this study. I know there are other factors at play too but I do wonder just how much of a impact a drinking mother has on her child's development. I am sure more and more studies will be conducted.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2017 - 8:03am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Drinking and Pregnant

Drinking alcohol while pregnant could have transgenerational effects. Soon-to-be mothers have heard the warning - don't drink while pregnant. Experts have issued numerous statements about the dangers of alcohol consumption during pregnancy, as it can lead to Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD). Now a new study finds that prenatal ethanol exposure (From maternal alcohol consumption during pregnancy) causes abnormalities in the brain and behavior that may be passed on for many generations. Source 5h.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Pregnant & Drinking Health & Special Psychology

Children affected by prenatal drinking more numerous than previously estimated. Researchers found a significant number of children across four regions in the United States were determined to have fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD). The new findings may represent more accurate prevalence estimates of FASD among the general population than prior research. Source 3p.

Post Date: 1st May, 2018 - 9:14am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Drinking and Pregnant

Maternal binge drinking linked to mood problems and alcohol abuse in offspring. A new study is the first to show that binge drinking by expectant mothers can impair the mental health of their offspring. Researchers report that rat mothers who drank in a binge-like manner during pregnancy and lactation were more prone to depressive behaviors -- and so were their offspring. Moreover, alcohol-triggered heritable changes in the mother made their offspring more vulnerable to mood disturbances and alcohol abuse as adolescents. Source 5a.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pregnant & Drinking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,