Captain America: Civil War - Page 2 of 2

Wow, this wasn't one of my favorites - Page 2 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 7th Feb, 2017 - 12:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Captain America Civil War 2010s
24th Jul, 2016 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Captain America: Civil War - Page 2

I thought Civil War was a great movie. When you make a movie about beloved characters going to war with each other, you have to make their motivations clear. In this movie, Tony Stark/ Iron Man is still feeling guilt at what his weapons had done to Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver, and in this movie, is visited by a woman who blames him for her son's death. The movie introduces the Sokovia Accords, which would make every super beholden to the whims of the government. Captain America comes down against the Accords, for his belief is that in order to keep the world safe, they have to be autonomous. Tony comes down on the opposite side, due to his previous experience and what his weapons had done. It's kind of confusing what the main plot is. Is it the Sokovia Accords, Captain America tracking down his old friend Bucky, or the conflict between Iron Man and Captain America.

We find out later, that this has all been the plot of Zemo, who might have been involved in the Winter Soldier program (I haven't seen it in a while) manipulating everything to make Captain America and Iron Man fight. Both men recruit extra people onto their teams later in the movie, Stark recruiting Spider Man, while Captain America recruits Ant-Man. While Ant-Man appeared in his own solo film before this, this is the first appearance of Spider-Man in the MCU, and it was very well done. The previous Sony Spiderman films had done an ok job of portraying Spiderman, each of their two Spidermen were portrayed differently, but none of them truly captured the web-slinging superhero. Tom Holland, who plays the Spiderman in the MCU does capture everything that the other two didn't, he is Spiderman, in the same way Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool. Ant-Man, one of my favourite Marvel movies, up there with Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier and Avengers Assemble, in Civil War, we see the Giant Man for the first time, and there were many cool easter eggs from the comics (Including a cool scene where he rides Hawkeye's arrow into combat).

In the end, this was a very entertaining and well-directed movie, with directors who knew the characters, and gave every character their chance to shine, even though it was a Captain America movie, it was a better Avengers movie than Age of Ultron. Looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2 next, where I hope to be as impressed with this as I was with this movie.

Sponsored Links:
27th Nov, 2016 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

War Civil America Captain

Where was the Hulk? They need to create a movie and get all the characters there. Nice that they included Spider-man but now they left out Hulk - get it right!

7th Feb, 2017 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Captain America: Civil War Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Civil War marks a good direction for Marvel. Its one of the few super heroes that focuses on the emotional background and general attitudes of key characters. In other words it was more than action because it contained some drama too.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Captain America: Civil War
A Friend

Page 2 War Civil America Captain

Wow, this wasn't one of my favorites and it seems I'm in the minority here. The plot to me was all over the place and I liked the alien invasion and the Ultron movies. Given my druthers, I'd get my money back on this one at the theater and just waited for it to come out on Blueray.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Captain America: Civil War

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,