Autism A Barrier To Migrating To Canada

Autism Barrier Migrating Canada - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jun, 2016 - 12:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

17th Jun, 2016 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Close to decade ago we thought about migrating to Canada in search of a better future for our boys as they could find no place to be properly educated in my country. We looked at the papers and everything seemed fairly simple until we got to a specific part about Autism - yes, Canada names Autism as one of the reasons they will reject your application and state it clearly in the application forms. We felt it was probably an economic issue but it was surprising for us considering the US does not have the same restriction. Is there a bias against Autism in Canada?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2016 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Canada Migrating Barrier Autism

Canada prides itself in their public health services which is of course free of charge. What they don't tell you is that their citizens have to wait long months in order to receive some of these services so if this is the issue, one could understand why they do not want to accept foreign individuals who will need considerable amount of services and become a "Burden" to tax payers.

Having said that, with Canada specifically the issue seems to go beyond that. There are many people who have loved ones with mild special needs that do not require therapy or any other type of free public service and yet Canada rejected their application.

A very rich man sued Canada some years ago because they rejected his application because his daughter has special needs. And even though he bought insurance for her and proved he has enough money (He is a millionaire!) to take care of her, Canada Immigration rejected his application. He won in court and forced immigration to change their policy with regards to special needs individuals within the investor visa which he was applying for.

However, the stipulation still in existence for the rest of the visas.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

18th Jun, 2016 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Autism A Barrier To Migrating To Canada History & Civil Business Politics

I remembered that story and always wondered why he would be so desperate to go to a country that repeatedly rejected his application. If I were a millionaire I would just move on to a country that is willing.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Autism A Barrier To Migrating To Canada

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,