Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 79 of 88

Okay, that all sounds fair enough. We can - Page 79 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Apr, 2017 - 12:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 88 pgs.  75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 79

Aeric, I activated my third gem for Zinna. She got lucky sniper shot. Is it possible to use Eldritch Blast with that instead of making a shot with her short bow. I don't know how to balance this really. It would end up being really powerful at later levels but Zinna hardly ever even uses a bow.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Apr, 2017 - 1:16pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Speaking of gems will you accept the higher gem activation? IF so I will activate the fourth gem for Mradoric.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

It had been a while so I refreshed my memory of the rules. Leo's presence will grant Sneak Attack damage, but Corren will not get Advantage on the attack. So ignore the second roll, please. Sorry about the mix-up.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 79 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Yeah, that's right.

There is an optional rule that would grant advantage to teammates that flank an enemy. But even if that rule were in use, I don't think we can claim a flanking position.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Apr, 2017 - 8:16pm

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Fortunately the first roll is the higher one. Whew. Now, does anyone recall if we have healing potions/items? I have been reading back and thought we had something but have yet to locate anything. If we do have some, would his Bonus for Use an Object work for downing a healing potion?

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

We have an unspecified number of healing poultices from the elves on hand. Not going to get a resupply soon however, so need to be careful.

Edit: Third gem activated. Leo apparently met an inventor who gave him some form of unique gadget. I await your ruling on what manner of item you think would be appropriate.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Apr, 2017 - 9:45pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Apr, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 79

The Maker says...

Pg. 106 Father Marcellus gives the party a sack with "About a dozen healing poultices" so consider that you have 12. The poultices heal 1d4+1 hit points but they are limited to one use per person per hour (So one use then you need a short rest to use another on on that person). Corren's Fast Hands class ability does allow him to use one of these poultices or take a potion as a bonus action. I will allow you to work this in so that Corren used this ability on this first round and could use it again when his turn comes up that way if he had a healing potion he could use that the first round and then a poultice the second round. Just make the rolls for both in your 2nd round post if you decide to do this.

Zinna

I will allow the sniper shot to be used with eldritch blast but one adjustment that I will make is rather than being able to use it once every battle you will need to complete a short rest in order to use the gem's powers again.

Corren

The bonus damage could be applied to the skeletal warrior that Leo attacked/is fighting but not necessarily the warrior in front of Corren. Technically the rules on pg. 96 of the PHB state that the enemy need only be within five feet of another creature that is hostile to the target to gain this bonus. However:

international QUOTE (Pg. 74)
I'm dissenting from RAW in this regard because to me, its not just that an enemy needs to be adjacent to make the bonus apply but an ally must have done something to draw the targets attention (Attacked them, taunted them, etc.) so an ally could be adjacent to an enemy but that ally is actually fighting another enemy and not doing anything to really distract the target so the bonus would not apply.

Corren is able to attack the skeleton in front of Leo though and if he choose to do so could add the bonus damage. I do generally allow advantage on attack rolls for flanking as well.

Leo

That gem is going to take a little thought… I will think about it but you may have to remind me if I haven't come up with something within the next couple of days.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 79

Okay, that all sounds fair enough. We can say he used a healing potion and poultice in consecutive rounds. I will roll them here. As for his rapier target, I guess that if he drops one skeleton, on their next round one will move up and take its place. So six of one… okay, to maximize he will make the skeleton facing Leo his target, just to get the sneak attack damage. Please apply the roll accordingly.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.