Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 13 of 15

That's true KN. Orcs are people too - Page 13 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th May, 2017 - 3:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 15 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation
6th May, 2017 - 5:41am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 13

The Maker says...

Half-Orc's would certainly be found in the Scolandi Wilds though primarily among the orc tribes, often the product of orc chieftains and their slave concubines. They would probably be rare among the elves given the hatred that orcs have for the elves which drives them to kill every elf they come across. When found in human settlements they are often the product of orc raids against such settlements as the orcs enjoy the spoils of war. Most often though when found among humans they are often orphans, rarely even accepted as the lowest among the Children of the Church.

A half-orc barbarian would most likely come from one of the Orc tribes that populate the Scolandi Wilds, though there could be exceptions. The main problem that a half-orc would bring to the table comes from how they are viewed by the dominant culture. They are seen as basically sub-human savages, tainted by the Destroyer and with violent tendencies unfit for the civilized world. A half-orc character would be turned away from nearly every business and service in any given Asendar community (Clear Creek being no exception) and most elven tribes would be inclined to kill a half-orc on sight without bothering to make the distinction between them and a full orc.

It's up to you but keep in mind Zinna's classification as a warlock already adds some significant complications to the party. If Zinna is discovered the Akashic Inquisitors are very likely to pay her a visit. Zinna as a warlock would not necessarily be a problem among the elves of the Scolandi, but a half-orc would be, and so having a warlock and a half-orc in the party would basically represent some very big complications for the party whether they operate in the Scolandi or in Asendar unless the character's physical appearance is such that his/her human side is dominant and they are not easily recognized as a half-orc, which is possible. Your character could appear to be a very big and burly brute of a man or woman but not possess the characteristics that would readily distinguish them as having orc blood. However, if that were the case it is unlikely that he would have been raised among the orcs as they would have seen the character as week as probably killed him early on in his life.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th May, 2017 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Yeah, I think it might be best to avoid that, just a little too much.

As an alternate, Aeric, would you be willing to consider an exception to the racial restrictions? Goliaths make great barbarians, and wouldn't carry the social stigma. Not a race endemic to your setting, but Goliaths are reclusive mountain dwellers, easily overlooked. Could pass him off as a captive from a tribe on the unknown side of the Scolandi Wilds.

6th May, 2017 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

Sorry, but no I'm keeping the racial options for player characters in this campaign very limited. Truth be told I have a somewhat irrational bias against unique or monstrous PC racial options.

Post Date: 6th May, 2017 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 13 Creation Character RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I understand and I don't want to encumber the party. He was actually going to be a Romeo and Juliet thing where a barbarian human male and tribal orc female fell in love… they say love is blind. But I thought about a different path in case.

That path is a Mountain Dwarf. Are there any Mountain Dwarves that come from wild lands? Can you see a scenario where a small group of Dwarves got cut off and became somewhat like Cavemen. That was my second option and I'm fine with it.

Post Date: 6th May, 2017 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I figured that we might be changing preconceptions with Oomigig. We have allied with orcs after all. Half-orcs are usually nicer than them *wink*.

Post Date: 6th May, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Not really nicer but the possibilities are there that the half-orc could be a nicer person but if raised by Orcs then probably not. I have ran into a few half-orcs that were not very nice at all.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th May, 2017 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation - Page 13

He was raised by his barbarian human father and tribal orc mother alone in the wild. Their love for each other was obviously considered wrong by both cultures so they simply ran off together. He is the result.

Post Date: 6th May, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 13

That's true KN. Orcs are people too though as we've seen with Oomigig. They can be reasoned with.

I would really question the judgement of any human that willingly wishes to be with an orc *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th May, 2017 - 3:20pm

+  « First of 15 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.