Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

Ruler Kings 2 Text Rpg General Discussion - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 14th Mar, 2016 - 4:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
6th Mar, 2016 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Ruler of Kings II (ROK II)

Ruler of Kings 2 combines solo play, play-by-post, game book style play that also has a MMORPG element to it as well. Since it is custom coded Ruler of Kings II will also go through several stages of evolution so it always gets better. Ruler of Kings II is not a graphical interface but fully textual - you will need a natural interest in reading to enjoy. To play ROK II you must be a Member of the Community.

Start Ruler of Kings II - Text MMORPG

What is Ruler of Kings?

It is a medieval world that allows you to explore and build up your Character and armies. You can then solve mysteries, quests and fight for land. It is all played in an interface where the game and you interact without the need for a Game Master or other Players.

History: I've Decided on Ruler of Kings 2 (March 2016)

I'm going to create (Code) my own solo system here with the same theme of Ruler of Kings but with a slight twist:

1. It will be integrated with the Community
2. Your Character will actually be able to affect the layout and happenings in the fantasy world!
3. It will be more than just building yourself or managing armies there will be some thinking to it - complete strategy

Current Players, do not worry, I will port over your stats from there to here so you can continue building up your armies and Character traits.

The current version: ROK 1 can be played HERE if you want to get the jump on Ruler of Kings II.

Why a new system?

The current ROK is nice but limited and the code is terrible to work around. It relies a lot on JS which I do not like as it slows the system and there are incompatibilities. I originally hoped the original framework I bought would help me by taking a lot of the root work out but it did not - I still had to do my own coding. Additionally, it is not Mobile compatible, that alone is a turnoff.

What do you have in mind?

I am coming with something better but still taking out what I've done with ROK and bringing it here. It will be a SOLO Role-playing Game which will be great for a Community like this because Players will always have something to do when they come here - especially if they are waiting on a current Play By Post game to move forward.

Make sure to subscribe to this Thread via "Thread Options" button so you can be kept up to date with this great undertaking!

FAQ - Difficulty

Despite saying many times that Players must read the story in order to know how to play some still overlook things in favor to get passed certain actions as fast as possible. Read some of these Posts where this is Discussed.

Specific Links:

Responsive: Wide Screen Screenshot and Mobile Screenshot
Main Site: New Look
Support From Within ROK II: Read How

History / Working On…

* Casting Spells (17 Aug, 2016)
* Notifications & Ressurection (10 Aug, 2016).
* Magick Combat (1 Sept. 2016).
* Large Updates To Combat / Features (Sept. 2016).
* Crowdfunding For Ruler of Kings II (18 Oct. - 18 Nov. 2016)
* Barracks Open / Riding Horses Established (24 Oct. 2016).
* Army (26 Oct. 2016).
* Magick Charges (29 Oct. 2016).
* World Map & Horses Functional (8 Dec. 2016).
* Quest 4 & Dark Regions Open (9 Jan. 2017).
* Random Events & Event Submissions (31 Jan. 2017)
* Relations / Partners (1 March, 2017)
* Bribe Wench (3 March, 2017)
* Clans (8 April, 2017)
* Prostitution (9 Sep., 2017)
* Natural D20 (26 October, 2017)
* Character Notes (28 January, 2018)
* Assemble Your Party: NPCs (3 May, 2018)
* Guilds (Classes) (9 June, 2018)
* Battle Map (3 August, 2018)
* Push towards ROK II Play By Post Games (Nov 2018)
* Player Races Added (March 2019)
* Deities Added (May 2019)
* Choose Your Dungeon Master (Aug 2019)
* Rewards For Veteran Members (May 2020).
* Dream State (ROK I) Added to ROK II (Aug 2021).

Sponsored Links:
7th Mar, 2016 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

That will be awesome JB, I was stalling on ROK to see first what you were going to do with it. I didn't want to further my character if it was going to close.

7th Mar, 2016 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

I like this concept. I will be joining in as soon as you create it. So far I like the idea of being able to play something when I come here that has to do with character building and does not count on a GM or other players. The idea of controlling an army is also interesting, never tried that before.

11th Mar, 2016 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Thank you for the feedback. There will be many tie-ins with ROK 2, in fact although it will be Solo play I plan to structure it in such a way as to have a log or journal concerning the progress of your Character. This is going to be something that will revolutionize the way you see a Forum being used to run games. I've already started the process by first updating the DB and preparing resources.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2016 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sounds nice I am still building up my character in ROK and have reached level 14. My army is not too bad either.

12th Mar, 2016 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Good. In the transition what you have amounted in ROK 1 will be placed as waiting for you when you get to that stage. The reason for that is so you do not miss out on the Character building that comes before you get your armies. That part will be very detailed and unlike ROK 1 your quests will be more than selecting random spots on a map. Once you do reach the stage of having an army instead of now having to buy or amassing wealth it will all be there waiting for you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Mar, 2016 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

Count me in whenever you have this ready sound like lots of fun to be able to build a character and raise an army at the same time.

14th Mar, 2016 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

JB, I saw the button and for a sec I thought you had it ready. laugh.gif So you're teasing us, when will it be ready?

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,