Pain Tolerance

Pain Tolerance - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Apr, 2017 - 12:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Pain Threshold
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2016 - 10:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pain Tolerance

Scientists successfully tune the brain to alleviate pain

If the brain is ‘tuned-in’ to a particular frequency, pain can be alleviated, scientists have shown for the first time. Ref. Source 3p.

Sponsored Links:
4th Nov, 2016 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

Tolerance Pain

It will be a really great thing to not have to take a tablet to avoid pain but frequencies sound suspicious, what are the long term side effects?

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 6:20am / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance Health & Special Psychology

Obese people have lower pain threshold, new research shows

An extra layer of fat won’t provide a cushion against pain - in fact, obese people are more sensitive to pressure pain than those who are not overweight, and they are equally susceptible to extremes of hot and cold. Ref. Source 3v.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance
A Friend

Tolerance Pain

In one of my psychology classes we debunked many of the myths about hypnosis, however the one that has been proved as true is that hypnosis can be used in placement of anesthesia for surgery. Now, I don't think anyone would CHOOSE hypnosis over anesthesia, but I have heard stories of people for whom anesthesia has not worked, and hypnosis could be a good replacement.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance
A Friend

Tolerance Pain

Nightlain,

I just don't think I want to be the one to try this out or prove it wrong… just in case.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance
A Friend

Pain Tolerance

I wouldn't want to try it but my cousin told me of her friend who had health problems and couldn't be put under with anesthesia, but she was pregnant and her baby needed to come out right then. The epidural and other drugs they tried didn't work. So they did a C-section on her, without any kind of medication.

This is a time when hypnosis would have been great to test and could have saved her a lot of pain. And I wonder how many people in the world have life-threatening problems and no access/don't have the ability to be put under could benefit from testing hypnosis.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance
A Friend

Pain Tolerance

I use meditation to help my pain. Going through life in pain all the time sucks to be sure but I am able to manage it very well. I know what it is like to be cut open without no pain meds to deaden the area and it is not something I would recommend to anyone. I wonder though about the ability to tune in your brain to deaden some pain.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2017 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance Psychology Special & Health

The difficult choices: Managing chronic pain while avoiding opioid abuse

Rather than being considered a miracle pill that magically takes away pain, prescription opioids are increasingly being seen as a precursor to heroin addiction and the cause of potentially deadly overdoses themselves. Ref. Source 5t.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pain Tolerance

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,