Pain Tolerance - Page 2 of 2

Men and women remember pain differently. Scientists - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Jan, 2019 - 5:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Pain Threshold
22nd Apr, 2017 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance - Page 2

Meditation is a real thing- at least that's what the studies I've read have shown. Mindfulness and awareness of the self has been shown to increase overall wellbeing.

There is something to be said though, about pain and its purpose. Pain is meant to indicate that something is wrong. In terms of surgery and other things like this, a pain-reducing method might prove useful. If the issue is with the invasive nature of drugs to reduce pain during and after the procedure, scientists are working on many different techniques.

One of the newer ones is music. While this doesn't resolve all of the issues, it has been proven in some regards. Gate control theory and other pain theories play well into their studies as well, so these studies are not without a basis. There's a good article by Sarah Aldridge on the topic. I'm personally not a fan of using pain-relieving pills, but that's just because I come from a family with a dependency on them.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance
A Friend

Tolerance Pain

With the number of people becoming addicted to pain medications I can see how it can turn into a se of street drugs. I think many people can become hooked on a stronger drug.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pain Tolerance Health & Special Psychology

Can pain increase the risk of dying early? Pain that interferes with daily life, rather than pain per se, was associated with an increased risk of early death in a recent analysis. Source 4q.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance
A Friend

Page 2 Tolerance Pain

Makes sense to me. There has long been proven links that the state of one's mind has a direct impact on physical health. If said mind is constantly in pain…

31st Jul, 2017 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Tolerance Pain

I've noticed that the older I get the more intolerant I am of pain. Maybe its part of aging but it is very irritating that every little discomfort disturbs your inner peace.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2017 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance

Young people with chronic illness more likely to attempt suicide. Young people between the ages of 15 and 30 living with a chronic illness are three times more likely to attempt suicide than their healthy peers, according to a new study. Source 9n.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2017 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance
A Friend

Pain Tolerance - Page 2

Tired of life or tired of being ill it does not matter. Living with pain is a pain in the arse but one must strive to not let it effect them in such a negative matter. Pain tolerance is never fun but if you look at things differently maybe we can get some of these young adults to not think of suicide.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2019 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Pain Tolerance Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Men and women remember pain differently. Scientists increasingly believe that one of the driving forces in chronic pain -- the number one health problem in both prevalence and burden -- appears to be the memory of earlier pain. Research suggests that there may be variations, based on sex, in the way that pain is remembered in both mice and humans. Source 2p.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pain Tolerance

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,