Donald Trump & Immigration - Page 13 of 25

Well, I think we all knew this was going to - Page 13 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Jun, 2017 - 6:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 25 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (25) »
Top  Donald Trump & Immigration
Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Donald Trump & Immigration
A Friend

Donald Trump & Immigration - Page 13

Daishain,

But the Constitution also gives the President, or more accurately the Executive Branch, the ability to control immigration. In WW 2 we very specifically targeted countries we were at war with. They were all "Christian" countries. What is more, they were specifically very distinct ethnicities. I realize the law was modified in the 50s or 60s… but I don't think that takes away the President's authority to limit immigration for public safety.

The fact is, the countries he targeted except for one are barely countries at all and thus we have no way to check up on who is coming in. That brings huge danger. The other country, Iran, is less than a half step away from being an enemy state IMO. They are all being targeted for good reason. And being in the line of work I'm in I can tell you those people who say this won't help restrict bad guys entering this country are unequivocally wrong… although more than that I can't say.

So, the people that are doing this are doing for purely political reasons and those political reasons absolutely make our country less safe. If the SCOTUS does go against the administration we will be less safe. If something does happen in this country, may it happen to the sons and daughters of the Attorneys General of Hawaii, Oregon and whatever other states filed suit for political reasons rather than some poor innocents in Missouri or Michigan. Mind you, I'm not saying I want anything to happen anyone, only if it does that it doesn't happen to some poor schmuck or poor schmuck's kids that had nothing to do with this bad decision.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2017 - 7:59am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Immigration and Trump Donald

Trump administration turns to the Supreme Court to reinstate its controversial travel ban. The Trump administration is asking the Supreme Court to reinstate its ban on travelers from six mostly Muslim countries. The Justice Department filing to the high court argues that the federal appeals court in Richmond, Va., made several mistakes in ruling against the Trump travel policy. The government says the nation will be safer if the policy is put in place. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2017 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Donald Trump & Immigration History & Civil Business Politics

And so it begins. I'm not even sure the Supreme Court will take this up. But if they do expect it to dominate news cycles.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2017 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 13 Immigration and Trump Donald

Trump takes to Twitter seeking quick review of what he calls his 'travel ban'. President Donald Trump on Monday revived his call for restrictions on travel from six Muslim countries after the weekend London terror attack. "The Justice Dept. Should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court - & seek much tougher version!" the president tweeted. While Trump aides once disputed the term "Ban," the president has trumpeted the word in the days since the latest attack in London. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2017 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Immigration and Trump Donald

Good god man, half the trouble you're having lies in the way you present this thing.

A more cautious vetting process for people from problem countries is legal, even admirable if handled properly. A travel ban on Muslims is far from either. Stop making it clear you really mean the latter and you might actually get something through.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th Jun, 2017 - 4:31pm

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2017 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, he is in over his head because had to deal with this type on environment before. Every word is dissected and taken out of context. But the ban should go into affect so we can figure out to vet people from those countries. That they are predominantly Muslim countries is simply a result of who we're at war with. His problem is he can't stop tweeting about the wrong thing so he can get out the right message.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2017 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Donald Trump & Immigration - Page 13

President Trump's travel ban loses in second appeals court. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit ruled Monday that President Trump's temporary travel ban should remain on hold - the final judicial blow as attorneys prepare for a likely showdown before the Supreme Court. At issue is Trump's proposal to ban most travel from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days and suspend the entire refugee program for 120 days. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2017 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Donald Trump & Immigration Politics Business Civil & History - Page 13

Well, I think we all knew this was going to the Supreme Court and that is where it will ultimately be decided. At this point anything the lower courts do is extraneous.

> TOPIC: Donald Trump & Immigration

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,