Reading Too Many Books - Page 2 of 3

If only it could have been properly completed - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 10:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Reading Too Many Books
A Friend

Reading Too Many Books - Page 2

You can post here more than once Thomas. This is about reading books and I too read a lot of books still to this day. I keep finding new books to read and spend a lot of money on books. I just read them via e-books now.

Sponsored Links:
27th May, 2017 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Books Too Reading

Fair enough, though I had been the second to last post when I last posted. Still, e-books cannot compare to actually hold a book in your hands. Especially one that is just purchased, with that new book smell which brings back such nostalgic and pleasure as I enjoy the experience.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

Reading Too Many Books
A Friend

Reading Too Many Books UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I love to read. When I read I want to hold the book in my hands. I want to dog ear the pages. I want to reread certain parts write notes in the margins. I'm definitely not an ebook fan. As far as reading too many books, I agree with Kyrroeth, that just isn't possible.

27th May, 2017 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Books Too Reading

No! Don't dog ear the pages!

... Even though I am guilty of this. Still, I prefer to use a bookmark when I have one and not harm the book. Trying to also not bend the spine too much, though I am not always so good with that. Especially paperbacks, which is why I prefer hardbacks.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Reading Too Many Books
A Friend

Books Too Reading

Oh no, I am hard on my books. But it is because I love them. That may sound strange when I find a book I really like, I'll live with it. I did that with the LOTR when I was a kid. I did it with the Silmarillion when I was a bit older. I've read each of them too many times for me to recount. The same with the tales about Drizzt I used to read or of Pern, or the Lord Foul's Bane series, or Shannara… too many to recall. See, you can't read too many book. Maybe you can read too much and detach yourself from life… but you can't read too many books.

27th May, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Reading Too Many Books

Now this is an embarrassing conversion, when I have to explain that I have fully read the Silmarillion but have not yet finished the LOTR. Many can't even believe how I could finish one before the other.

I want to read the Chronicles of Drizzt, as the iconic if perhaps also infamous drow hero is one I find most interesting. Especially from what I have learned of him.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 9:42pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Reading Too Many Books
A Friend

Reading Too Books - Page 2

Rather off topic, but...
Yes, Drizzt Do'Urden is one of my fantasy heroes. Although in truth, the heroes that come to mind most often live in the Silmarillion. I think that is one of the greatest books I every read. To call it an epic is to vastly undersell it.

And now back on topic, I don't see how one could read too many books.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 27th May, 2017 - 10:01pm

27th May, 2017 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Reading Too Books Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

If only it could have been properly completed before J.R.R. Tolkien's death, without it being pieced together by his son as best he can. Admittedly, the effort was still appreciated for even the parts he had to write himself.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 10:03pm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Reading Too Many Books

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,