Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 3 of 58

Daishain, I believe that I have Lia's - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Dec, 2016 - 6:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
19th Dec, 2016 - 5:58am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 3

The Quiet Shadow says...

Ah, thanks for clearing this up.

Also, seems right before bed my luck is with me. It appears I may have stumbled upon an online resource for the Dungeons & Dragons 5e system, after looking for such in the past and not finding anything.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2016 - 6:00am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oh, right, you had another question as well.

The Light domain is one of the options found in the base Player's Handbook. It sounds like you have the Basic Rules pdf that The Wizards offer for free, which includes most of the stuff you need to understand how to play, but only a small fraction of the character options.

19th Dec, 2016 - 6:15am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Sighs, well bugger. Maybe I can see about purchasing the PDF then somewhere, that way I have access to all the player options.

Unless there might be an issue as such, I believe I'll go with the soldier background for my character. This will help playing into the more "Militant" or combat focused aspect that I wish to emphasize with my character. Admittedly, I'm not yet sure what to choose for the speciality of this background.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 19th Dec, 2016 - 6:17am

19th Dec, 2016 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 3 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Alright, I should have her fully fleshed out by the this afternoon, but for right now I have a female half-drow, Sar'ai T'zzerit, illusion wizard-rogue.
Just a quick question about cantrips for magic using classes already; do we get an additional cantrip, or was that just for non-magic users?

19th Dec, 2016 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Just to point out, one neat little addition to 5th edition from what I've seen, is that there is an arcane trickster specialization for the rogue.

19th Dec, 2016 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

The Terror says...

Targul is about 85% complete. It doesn't look Iike I can finish him because whenever I try to make any more updates, I get the message that the character needs to be approved as an active character.

The only things remaining are finishing off his equipment list, spelling out the character traits, if necessary, and it appears that I have one more ability point to apply for the ability score advancement for 4th level.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2016 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 3

@Thomaslee and Brandonfett, The system is versatile enough that an Arcane Trickster has a fair amount to gain by tacking on a few levels of Wizard. And a Wizard has a fair amount to gain by tacking on a few levels of Rogue. The penalty for multiclassing a caster is not nearly as harsh in this edition.

I do suggest using some caution in that regard, how had you planned this setup?

As for the cantrip, are you talking about the "Bonus Magical Ability" I mentioned? That is for anyone who wants the extra flavor, both magic users and mundane, but to be clear, it is only an extra cantrip in the sense of it being an at will ability. It should deliberately be quite weak compared to the cantrip choices normally available.

@Falrun and anyone else locked out of character edits, you should all be aware that they made editing difficult with the recent system. When ready for review, please post character details in here so I can take a look prior to activating the character.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Dec, 2016 - 2:30pm

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2016 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

Daishain, I believe that I have Lia's character sheet completed with the exception of history. I will list her history here since I'm locked out now as well.

Lia Galanodel (Moonwhisper) in the common tongue was born in a sylvan village called Selvahil which is located in the south-western portion of the High Forest in Faerun. She was born 120 years ago. She had a wonderful childhood except for the fact that she wanted to see what the world was like outside the forest. Life in the forest while peaceful was also somewhat boring to her. She tried to be happy there but she felt a pull to see different things.

One night she journeyed away from her familiar surroundings. She had heard of a small settlement called Secomber in the human tongue. After a few days of travel she arrived there unharmed. Wide eyed at seeing this human settlement she attracted great attention there. Unfortunately she had no money. Lia wanted to stay there for a time to experience the outside world. She met a very handsome human youth named Kaissun Hanlel shortly after arriving there. They were very much smitten with one another almost instantly and one thing led to another. He was a young mercenary from Waterdeep. She stayed several nights in his room with him at the inn. She was walking hand in hand with him in the market several days later. Suddenly her father approached her with a good friend of his. They had tracked her here at last. She looked to Kaissun for support and he began stammering. He made excuses and left quickly. Heartbroken she returned to her home village with her father. Everything was back to normal for her until one day she realised that she was pregnant. She hid the fact as long as she could fearing what would happen. Upon her parents finding out they were furious. They were embarrassed that their daughter was pregnant when she was still considered a child and by a human of all things. They told her that the child had to be taken to be raised somewhere else when it was born. She was told in no uncertain terms that if she didn't do this she would be forced to leave and never return. Not wanting to be shunned by everyone that she knew she went along unwillingly with her parents plan. Several months late she gave birth to a healthy half-elf male. The baby was taken away immediately and she never learned to where.

Several years later after she reached adulthood she knew she couldn't stay in the forest anymore. She wondered where her son was but her parents would tell her nothing. Lia knew the time was now to leave the forest and learn more of the outside world. Lia gathered supplies this time when she left and was better prepared for what she faced. She journey again to Secomber halfway hoping to see Kaissun again in spite of his abandoning her before. Not seeing him she managed to get a job working in a tavern. She finally managed to get enough money to journey with a caravan west to Waterdeep. Arriving in Waterdeep she noticed beautiful clerics of Sune and how they lived. She managed to acquire with a little effort the symbol of Sune and the vestments. She then proceeded to impersonate a Sune cleric to be able to receive assistance and have a place to stay. This worked out well for a time until she was caught up in a ritual and she made it obvious that she was not a true cleric. She was taken to the highest ranking Heartwarder there. They were trying to determine an appropriate punishment for her offenses. Gazing upon her the Heartwarder saw that she met the standards of Sune. She offered Lis the choice of a exile from Waterdeep or to become a true cleric of Sune. Lia had grown to like many of the customs of the Sune religion. She bowed her head and asked to become a cleric not really knowing what else she could do.
A couple of years passed and she was a full fledged cleric of Sune. She trained specifically in healing to avoid the occurrence of scars or to remove them. She was traveling just outside Waterdeep on a mission to acquire some beautiful art. Lia encountered a group of three hardened mercenaries. They were badly injured from a recent fight against some ambushing bandits. Seeing their need she used her healing powers to make them well. The mercenaries knowing the value of healing offered her a position in their company. She accepted and has been a member of that company. The money acquired helps her to achieve a life more at ease once she returns to Waterdeep each time.

I didn't list a mercenary company since I'm not sure what is the consensus yet. I also would have tied her into the other characters in some way but didn't since she is in stand by. I can always update it later if there is a slot available to her.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 19th Dec, 2016 - 6:22pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (58) »

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.