Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 27 of 58

I must also say that, after playing several - Page 27 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jan, 2017 - 7:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 58 pgs.  23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 27

Okay I'll proceed with character creation and the mechanical side of things, catch up on the 5e system as fast as I can and browse through the rest of the postings (Adventure, rules etc).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

She should hit it off well with Cratol. Neither one of them will be very talkative *smile*.i feel like maybe I should have brought a neutral or evil alignment character. I didn't know that most were going that direction. It will cause tension in the group. Of course, that makes for fun role play *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jan, 2017 - 9:40pm

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Kyrroeth: my character will not willingly disturb or openly attack the party… but consider the fact she spent an unknown amount of time in the outer infernal planes with the Goddess of Misfortune and that her relationship to her is somewhat unclear; all that should make for some "Erratic" behaviour, at times.

She's liable to help a fiend or obstruct a friend… not to spite them, but to address her own very particular code and belief in "Manifest destiny". Her vision of reality (And ethics) is drastically different from most denizens of Faerûn, to put it bluntly.

Dashain: you nailed it, she will be a Lore Bard. Any chance we can make a weapon out of her instruments (The Amorean Pipes)? I was thinking in terms of something between a Long Staff, a Spear and a Halberd. She'll probably need a ranged weapon, too. Maybe darts, throwing knives or some sort of sling (Or primitive arrow-throwing thing). Wait… what about a Boomerang of some sort? Is that acceptable?

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 28th Jan, 2017 - 2:39am

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 27 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sure, we can do a refluff.

You are not proficient with a halberd though. A quarterstaff that deals slashing damage would be pretty close to what you have in mind from the sound of the description.

Since you are proficient with Rapiers, a mechanically superior choice in your case, I'll let you slap the finesse property on the Armorean Pipe so you can wield it with Dexterity.

With that in mind, it would be a 1d8+Dext two handed slashing weapon, or 1d6+Dext if for some reason you're swinging it with only one hand. Technically, a rapier would still be a better choice since it leaves your spare hand free, but since this thing is also going to double as the instrument focus for your spells I think we can call it even. Sound fair?

As far as ranged weapons go, the only one you mentioned not already on the default equipment list is a boomerang. If you want to call a Light Hammer that you throw a boomerang you can, but it won't be coming back. The Return property is a relatively mild enchantment, and you could purchase something enchanted with it, but I'm not going to just give it away its equivalent. Sorry.

P.S. If your character sheet hasn't locked down the edit button already, it probably will soon. The way they have things set up, I have to approve the character for you to keep changing details on the sheet. Which rather defeats the purpose of a built in approval system in my opinion. Just post the rest in here after that happens.

P.P.S. As far as equipment goes, to match everyone else's baseline, instead of the default equipment listed with your class, you have a starting budget of 600 gp to spend as you like. I'll list the Pipe as costing you 25, in line with what that rapier I mentioned would've taken.

For a Guideline on the major things you should have when done tallying everything up:
-A whopping 8 skills known (3 from being a bard, 3 from being a Lore bard, and 2 from your background), expertise in two of those skills (Doubled proficiency bonus added on related checks), and half of your proficiency bonus added to the other skills you aren't proficient in at all.
-A +2 added to one ability score, +1 added to two ability scores, or one feat of your choice.
-3 cantrips, and 7 level1-2 spells known, all drawn from the Bard list
-proficiency with 3 musical instruments of your choice, and 2 language and/or tool proficiencies from your background.
-A number of d6 inspiration dice equal to your charisma mod. You can hand these things out like candy to your buddies, and help boost one of their d20 rolls. You can also use your reaction to give one to an enemy, subtracting from one of theirs. (This latter use must be declared before the result is announced, which unfortunately in this case mostly means you need to declare you intend to use it before it is certain there is a roll to subtract from, as those events occur at the same time.)
-For health, you can either play it safe with the default 23 HP your Con score and hit die give you, or you can take a risk and roll up to 3 d8s on this board in hopes of doing better. Fair warning, if you roll, expect to live with the result.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Jan, 2017 - 5:18am

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, the edit button did freeze on my character page, so here is the spells Nyzrah will have learned, as well as an optional dice roll for trinkets (Just stumbled into that in the Equipment section, don't know if you use that option or not…).

Here goes:

CANTRIPS
Blade Ward
Mage Hand
Thunderclap

1. LEVEL
Sleep
Disguise Self
Speak With Animals
Dissonant Whispers

2. LEVEL
Thunderwave (At lv2)
Lesser Restoration
Invisibility

Now, I'll try and wrap my head around the skills and feats system, and other assorted customization options (Languages, tool proficiencies, etc).

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That looks good. Unless you didn't pick vicious mockery for character concept ideas I can't recommend it highly enough. It is easily the best bardic cantrip and one of the best period. It's something you can always use to attack with and grant disadvantage. It's a great great cantrip. I speak from experience playing a bard as well. It's your character though. I just wanted you to be aware of how good it is.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Jan, 2017 - 5:53pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 27

Lets see, your trinket roll yielded a wax hand shaped to hold a large cup. Interesting.

I should warn you, Blade Ward takes up your action and only lasts 1 round. Its only good if for some reason you have to walk (Or stand, but not run) somewhere, endure attacks along the way, and don't need to take any other actions. And if such is the case, the existing Dodge action is usually good enough. Keep it if you like, but I would pick something else.

Look for the section on Backgrounds, they're simple templates to represent a notable portion of character history, and come with some additional stuff (2 skills, 2 languages/tools, and a social boon). For some odd reason, they don't have "Amnesiac" as an option tongue.gif, but you're free to tailor something to fit.

Skills are simple enough, either you have them or you don't. If you have them, you get to add your proficiency modifier to the skill rolls, if you have expertise on them, you get to add double your proficiency modifier.

Ability score increases and feats are now tied to Class level, not character level. You got one at 4th level, so you can either stick two points onto ability scores of your choice, or give up on that in favor of one feat.

28th Jan, 2017 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 27

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

I must also say that, after playing several different classes that offered it and maybe only using once, blade ward is a pretty terrible cantrip especially as our Dungeon Master pointed out the dodge action is available to everyone. And you could easily drop that for the above mentioned "Best" cantrip in 5e (Aside from eldritch blast) vicious mockery. It really is that good.

Also, just wanted to say your character concept is pretty cool. I really do enjoy characters who have "Out there" quirks. Leads to excellent role playing!
smile.gif.

Also like that another guy is taking up playing a female. This was my first time to ever do so, and hope that I am doing a good job.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 28th Jan, 2017 - 7:12pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.