Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 28 of 58

Okay, I'll do the necessary adjustments - Page 28 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jan, 2017 - 3:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 58 pgs.  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 28

You are doing a great job Brandon. She is one of my favorite characters in our group. I still think she would make a great leader *smile*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Hey everyone,

Really appreciating the helpful comments, tips and encouragements. And Brandon, yes, I don't mind playing female characters once ina while, although in Nyzahr's case I doubt sexuality or seduction will play a great role in her interaction with others. She's more on the "Weirdly silent unsettling type" side of things.

So that brings me to the other subject of Cantrips: not familiar with the dodge option, so thanks for pointing that out, that warding spell seemed a bit too good to be true, in fact it was. Oh, well. So I will pick another one.

As far as picking Vicious Mockery, I have no doubt it's amazing and incredibly handy, but that would never fit with Nyzahr's personnality. Did I mention she's basically mute most of the time? Hard to mock anyone in these conditions !

But I'll figure out something good, let's see…

"True Strike" should be helpful, somewhat.

Now as far as customization:

- INSPIRATION: + 3D6

- INITIATIVE:
+3 (Dexterity) +2 (Lv4) +1 (Jack Of All Trades) = +6 ?

- Hit Points medium score: 23 HP

- FEATS -
None sofar, she chose to increase her Dexterity by +2 instead, for an end result of 16 (See abilities section).

- SKILLS -
Strength: Athletics +1
Dexterity: Acrobatics +5*
Sleight Of Hand +4
Stealth +7**
Int: Arcana +3*
History +2
Investigation +2
Nature +2
Religion +3*
Wisdom: Animal Handling +3*
Insight +2
Medicine +2
Perception +2
Survival +3*
Charisma: Deception +4
Intimidation +5*
Performance +7**
Persuasion +4

(*)proficient
(**) expert note: the Jack Of Trade bonus of +1 is included in all the non-proficient skills above.

- LANGUAGES -
Common, Infernal.

- TOOLS -
Herbalism Kit
Gaming (Dragon Chess)

- MUSIC SKILLS -
Drum
Flute
Pan Flute

- TRAITS -
* she has never been heard actually speaking, except when chanting or singing.
* apparently Nyzahr doesn't seem to be aware of personal space and boundaries: she will reach out and touch a total stranger's face or garb, or even run her fingers on a weapon or other belongings on a whim, almost out of childlike curiosity.
* she is fascinated by games and in particular Dragon Chess, where she became quite proficient. She loses herself in the game for hours on end, seemingly oblivious to the world around her.

- IDEALS -
She is dedicated to explore the Forgotten Realms and understand this strange world she has been thrown into. She also tends to create tense situations to savor their sheer poetic beauty, like bringing an abrupt ending to a seemingly solid alliance, or provoking dangerous characters without warning… all decisions and consequences of these actions, she views as part of the beautiful dance of Father Fate and his two daughters, Beauty and Misery.

- FLAW -
Nyzahr has no clear recollection of her time spent on the Infernal Plane Of Beshaba. She seems to have a bond with the evil Goddess, but it's impossible for her to tell if it's enmity or allegiance. At times it seems she fluctuates between both.
She is plagued by night visions and dreams that may be remnants of her time in the outer planes or a premonition of horrors to come.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 28th Jan, 2017 - 9:47pm

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ash, I respect your emphasis on the role playing aspect. I totally understand. I believe your initiative is off. It should be a +4 for Dexterity bonus and jack of all trades. You aren't proficient with initiative so you just get the jack of all trades plus 1. I could be wrong on that. If so I need to adjust my characters as well *smile* Anyways, you can't have proficiency bonus plus jack of all trades on anything. It's proficiency or jack of all trades, not both.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 28 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

All righty then.

Kyr is right, Jack of all trades does apply, but nothing else does. So, initiative should be +4.

Otherwise, looking good. I'm setting your character status to Active, you'll be able to edit the sheet again.

From context, I presume you're planning on having been with the caravan all along? If so, go ahead and essentially introduce yourself in the Main Thread. There's a funeral being planned, that might be a good tie in.

Still need to settle equipment, and maybe a few other details, we'll see, but we've got enough to go forward with.

Welcome to the game.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Jan, 2017 - 11:48pm

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

This should be interesting. She doesn't speak. So basically an mute, albino tiefling will begin following us around. That's a little creepy *smile*.

28th Jan, 2017 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

A certain squire may find the tiefling intriguing, her curiosity leading her to want to get to know the creepy albino bard of she can.

Of course, Geoffroy would not be so keen on his sister spending too much time around Nyzahr. That is, not until the cleric feels he can trust her but with her being creepy and silent that may take a while.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 28

That's the thing. It will be hard to build up trust for her without her speaking. She is not something you see every day. She will be acting oddly too on top of it all. Elyria should have fun getting to know her *smile*.

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2017 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 28

Okay, I'll do the necessary adjustments about Initiative (And yes, it makes sense that JoAT and Proficiency don't stack… bear with me here, still new to 5e, kinda still stuck in AD&D 1.0, I guess… *smirks* !)

As far as building trust, it will be a long and maybe arduous process, considering Nyzahr's erratic nature.

But let's hope her natural curiosity for her new companions and their quest and her intense, magnetic presence will play out positively, at least for the time being !

See y'all on main thread…
... And thanks again for the warm welcome.

Ash.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.