Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 38 of 58

I think 175 is considered middle aged and - Page 38 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Aug, 2017 - 11:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 58 pgs.  34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
6th Jul, 2017 - 3:55am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 38

The Quiet Shadow says...

Wait, I forgot to consider the bonus for Constitution… I only added 5 to Goeffroy's hit points.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2017 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Robert, let's see, both Cleric and Rogue are D8, so which was your first level doesn't matter.

So given your Con score, for your first level, you have 9 HP.

For the five following levels, you have a choice. You can play it safe and take 6hp per level (D8 rounded up average of 5, plus 1 con). Or you can your luck and roll those D8s in here, you might get better than the average, might get worse.

P.S. I noticed something I should have before when looking up your Con score. You have too many skills and too many saves. Multiclassing doesn't grant you all the proficiencies of both classes I am afraid. Source 8q

Okay, so let's work this out. It sounds like Rogue would be your starting class correct? That grants you Dexterity and Int saving throws, 4 skills off of the rogue list, and the usual roguish weapon/armor proficiencies.

Multiclassing to Cleric gives you no additional skills, no additional saves, medium armor, and shields

You should, after that, have another two skills from your background, and two tools/languages from your background. (Note, you can tweak the stuff you get from your background to suit your character, just be prepared to justify it if I wonder how you got the Nature skill from being a criminal).

Bear in mind, you'll have 6 skills and 2 of them at expertise level while most other characters have 4 and 0 respectively

P.P.S. Your new buddy Ashdrunbar was just asking in the support thread about the possibility of Oswald and Jack knowing each other, as professionals in similar fields if nothing else. I think he awaits your response.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Jul, 2017 - 4:08am

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2017 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

HP: 9+ ... Whatever numbers are about to come out.

After this I should be done. Though I wouldn't mind stopping buy someplace to sell a few extra things I've got.

7th Aug, 2017 - 6:22am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 38 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

So what I have so fair, though I still need to generate hit points. Also equipment and magic items, any chance I might made a special request even it if means being a money sink? As she would have gotten it specially made, to avoid certain issues.
-

Name: Zarra Glannath
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 116 lbs.
Class: Arcane Trickster (Rogue) 6
Background: Exile
Race: Dark Elf (Drow)
Alignment: NG, TN, or CN
Strength: 10, Dexterity: 16, Constitution: 10, Intelligence: 14, Wisdom: 12, Charisma: 14
Saving Throws: Dexterity and Intelligence
Languages: Elvish, Common
Armour Proficiencies: Light armour
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, hand crossbow, longswords, rapier, and shortswords.
Skill Proficiencies: Insight (Expertise), Survival (Expertise), Acrobatics, Deception (Expertise), Perception, and Stealth (Expertise).
Tool Proficiencies: Navigator's tools, cartographer’s tools, and thieves' tools.
Equipment: A rapier, a hand crossbow and quiver of 20 bolts, an explorer's pack, leather armor, two daggers, a necklace she has had ever since she was a child, a walking stick (Quarterstaff), a compass, a winter blanket, a set of traveler's clothes, and a small pouch containing 5 gp.
Feat: Skulker

Background, Exile Source 4t
Personality Trait: I am slow to trust others and keep to myself.
Ideals: Belonging, everyone has a place in the world, I just have to find mine.
Bond: The past is behind me, I will work towards a better future for myself.
Flaw: I am fearful of abandonment and hate to be alone

Skulker
Prerequisite: Dexterity 13 or higher
You are expert at slinking through shadows. You gain the following benefits:
* You can try to hide when you are lightly obscured from the creature from which you are hiding.
* When you are hidden from a creature and miss it with a ranged weapon attack, making the attack doesn't reveal your position.
* Dim light doesn’t impose disadvantage on your Wisdom (Perception) checks relying on sight.
-

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed and magic can't put you to sleep
Trance: Elves don't need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The common word for such meditation is 'trance.') While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become re exive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Sunlight Sensitivity: See the Players Handbook for details. Drow Magic. See the Players Handbook for details.
Drow Magic: See the Players Handbook for details.
Sneak Attack: You know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll. The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.
Thieves' Cant: During your rogue training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cannot understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly. In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
Mage Hand Legerdemain: See the Players Handbook for details.
Cunning Action: Your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Uncanny Dodge: When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.

SPELLS
--
Spellcasting Ability: Int
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +3
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion
1st Level: Charm Person, Disguise Self, Sleep.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Aug, 2017 - 6:50am

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas, your new character looks amazing. She will remind us of Sar'ai at first but we can work around that if she isn't sneaky.
I see two things that might be issues. Her age will make her middle aged which will increase her mental stats but decrease the physical ones. That was the 3.5 rule anyways. I'm not sure if we are doing that in this campaign. Also, her daylight sensitivity will be a big handicap. It would be fine in our current mission but it will be tough on outside missions. She will make all of her attack rolls at a disadvantage in daylight. I wasn't sure if you were aware of that. Maybe you want that extra challenge. She looks to be a fun concept.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

5E has no rules for aging penalties and the like. I'm reluctant to reintroduce them, as they were often used for character minmaxing.

As with the others joining in at around this stage, your equipment budget is 2,000 gp.

In regards to sunlight sensitivity, I will allow Zarra to have picked up Sundark Goggles, which negate that particular problem, but also impose disadvantage on sight based perception checks while worn. Just don't ask her to stand sentry in the day and she'll be fine. (They cost 200 gp)

P.S. Drow have improved darkvision, they can see out to 120 feet, not just 60.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Aug, 2017 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 38

The Quiet Shadow says...

Elves see themselves as adults at a higher age though don't they?

"Although elves reach physical maturity at about the same age as humans, the elven understanding of adulthood goes beyond physical growth to encompass worldly experience. An elf typically claims adulthood and an adult name around the age of 100 and can live to be 750 years old."

I don't see how 211 years would make her middle aged so much, which is why I put such, especially since elves can live for such great ages. Still, if you feel that is too old, and feel from what I have said of her it would be better that she was younger, I could probably cut about a 80 to 100 years from her age if that makes it so she is more in line with what might work.

On her being like Sar'ai, I don't believe that will be a problem. I don't plan on her being so much deceptive and sneaky as that, at least towards the party. Since she will want them to trust her, and come to trust them as well, she won't want to do that which arouses suspicion though when it comes to matters of her past she may keep quiet on such things.
----

Daishain, something like the Sundark Goggles is actually the very special request I was going to make. The way I was considering it is that if we can have sunglasses in our world, I saw no reason for there not to be something like that in Dungeons & Dragons particularly for those with eyesight sensitive to the sun. Thankfully, the price you are showing them for isn't nearly the money sink I thought they would be.

I was for some reason believing that WotC might make an item like that really expensive so people couldn't easily use such to overcome the Light Sensitivity disadvantage. Thankfully, such assumptions were unwarranted. With this, I am willing to accept the perception penalty while wearing them, as my main concern was in combat not so much being sentry or look out during the day.

Also, I will make sure to put down the proper "Superior Darkvision" when putting together the character sheet.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Aug, 2017 - 11:14pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 38

I think 175 is considered middle aged and 350 is old for elves. That's a general guideline from 3.5. That's why I made Lia about 105 because she is barely an adult according to the elves.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.