Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 39 of 58

How much would it cost to give Zarra elven - Page 39 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Aug, 2017 - 7:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 58 pgs.  35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 39

Thomas,

Your character looks awesome. What a well thought out concept. I enjoyed reading this a lot. Great job.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

One other thing Thomas. She can't have Eldritch Blast for a cantrip. That is on the warlock list, not wizard.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Aug, 2017 - 10:29pm

8th Aug, 2017 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Thank you Abnninja, remember I have yet to come up with her description and history. Honestly I'm not quite sure how to work it out on whether or not she came from a drow community, was perhaps raised by a non-drow, or had to fend for herself on the street.

The first would more strongly enforce the background, exiled because she questioned the structures and rules in place. One issue with that though is that she'd be more likely to be killed then exiled or escape on her own.

The second would weaken the concept of her initially not trusting very many people, in consideration of whoever would have raised her, though there is still the likely chance that she would probably be ridiculed or judged simply for her race. Perhaps even her caregiver and guardian mistreated her, or alternatively was one of the few that gave her a chance.

The last would probably fit her concept the best, a perfect environment to breed distrust and face betrayal or meet discrimination for her race, that whatever city or town she grew up in kicked her out (Exiled her) at some point because of her race. Issue is wouldn't exactly fit the background I picked.

Course there's also consideration of how she'd come to believe what she does involving her own race, and why she'd strive so hard to prove to others that she's not like that. The she doesn't want any trouble nor does she wish to bring any harm.

Admittedly, this is if the Dungeon Master even lets me use the Exile background since technically it's homebrew.
-

Thanks for the correction Kyrroeth, that's what I get for using a character generator. I'll see about swapping out that spell for something else from the wizard list.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Aug, 2017 - 11:12pm

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 39 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oh, right, that reminds me. Recently saw a House Rule for Eldritch Knights and Arcane Tricksters that I liked. I think I shall implement it here.

Normally, ATs are restricted to Enchantment and Illusion spells (With a handful from other schools available.) They're fine schools, but its a little restrictive. With this rule, an AT can replace one of those two with any other school they wish to specialize in (So an AT could have illusion and divination, or enchantment and conjuration, but not divination and conjuration). Itl let you get a little closer to the setup you want.

As to the Exile background, its fine. Backgrounds are intended to be highly fluid and customizable anyways. Its tough to say that anything in that category is homebrew.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 8th Aug, 2017 - 10:53pm

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas,

She is a exile after questioning the teachings of the priestesses and the Matriarch of her house. She caught wind that they were going to take her to the temple to be punished for going against the teachings of her queen and goddess Lolith.So she fled the city of the drow and roamed in the underdark for a few months before she found her way to the surface of the world. From there she found her way around moving mostly by night as the day star was way too bright until she was able to find some work with a kind half orc who helped her purchase some googles to allow her to withstand the day star much better.

This is spurr of the moment back ground give me some time I can do much better *smile*

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

And so Geoffroy (Temporarily?) retires. Thomas, let us get your drow rogue wrapped up shall we? The window to get your gal involved with the group prior to entering the swamp is fairly short.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Aug, 2017 - 6:10pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Aug, 2017 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 39

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'll see about getting that completed today, so that she will be ready to bring into the campaign and introductions can be made.

14th Aug, 2017 - 7:02am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 39

The Quiet Shadow says...

How much would it cost to give Zarra elven chain and perhaps also cloak of elvenkind? If I can get both, that would be appropriate I feel and will also make her especially effective at stealth for sneak attacks. If I cannot get the former, perhaps because of it being rare, I may simply switch it out for mithril chain? If that is perhaps better and more acceptable, though not quite as nice.

My thoughts being that she took both magic items from her home before leaving, the cloak her own while perhaps the elven chain being something which had been in her family for a few generations, thus how she came to acquire such a rare magic item. This being a possible way of justifying it if the cost is not out of the starting price range.

From there, I can consider other equipment in additional to the Sundark Goggles.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Aug, 2017 - 7:09am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.