Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 217 of 948

I don't think it will matter, but - Page 217 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th May, 2017 - 8:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 217

Okay, I have to ask, it doesn't sound like your situation is changing any time soon. What are you doing to avoid disappearing on us again?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th May, 2017 - 4:38pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, how should we manage the use of the Shield spell? It's pretty situational, and thus a little tricky playing by forum. Hate to use a spell slot on one hit from a weak opponent, but if being attacked by multiple opponents and the first one hits, the extra AC is likely worthwhile.

I'm almost tempted to just ask you to be Velon's judgement on this while you're figuring out the results of each round of attacks. Thoughts?

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'd suggest setting a conditional statement or two, such as "Velon sees a bunch of attacks coming his way.", if the situation meets the conditions, I'll have him cast Shield.

That work for you?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th May, 2017 - 5:59pm

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 217 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sounds good, thank you. (You must have so much to keep track of for each character and each encounter! Thanks for trying to remember this too.)

So how do you rule on Shield, by the way? Is it triggered on a hit and then there is still a chance that the enemy hits (By rolling a 27, say) or is Shield only activated when a hit will be turned into a miss (A roll of 22 vs my AC, for instance).

Velon's shield conditions:

- Use for any hit when Velon is at or below 15 hit points. (Hmm, do you keep track of our HP?)

- Use against multiple enemies/attacks if any attack other than the last hits. (Not worth the spell slot if all attacks miss except for the last blow.)

*I guess I'll have to let you know when I'm out of spell slots. I'll also just have to let you know if other special situations arise where Velon would definitely use it, such as if some giant enemy just one shot another member of the party for 60 damage. He'd probably block such attacks where possible *wink*.

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain,

Did Lia make it through the cloud with her normal move and shoot her bow or did she have to dash? I'm just asking because I have an attack roll to use if she didn't manage to shoot that turn.

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shield can be triggered on a hit, whether or not the +5 to AC is enough to change the outcome.

Those conditions sound like they'll work, how about you find someplace on the charsheet to keep them? Also I do generally try to keep an eye on HP, especially when someone's getting close to being downed. You might need to remind me from time to time.

Lia had to dash to make it through the cloud. On the plus side, since you won't start a turn within it, you don't have to make a save.

EDIT oh right, Velon had another query. Yes there are multiple targets in range, three of them actually.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th May, 2017 - 7:36pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 217

Ok, thank you. I put those in the Character Combat Numbers section, assuming that is the place intended for you to look for AC, HP, etc.

Time to hopefully get my first hits of the campaign!

Post Date: 25th May, 2017 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 217

I don't think it will matter, but can you give me numbers of guards up, drakes up, which are closer, and do any seem to be trying to break for the exit? Thank you.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.