Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 278 of 948

Poljen will quickly return the silence stone - Page 278 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jun, 2017 - 4:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 278

Okay, just rolling the last hit dice for Jharen "Amber Jack" Korvac, 6th level rogue.

His archetype is Mastermind, my idea was to have him enter the group being sent by the Harpers themselves to provide logistical support and information to the Blaze in their next mission, as well as serving as a useful link to Baldur's Gate's underworld, if need be.

He will be faithful to the Harpers' and The Blaze's goals while serving his own financial and professional ambitions on the side ("Business oblige, folks… After all, a man's gotta eat, and all that sort of things !"). One can expect him to be slightly dubious of the group's "Do-gooders", but nevertheless trying his best to help them and keep them safe, while tagging along with their endeavors.

As for Nyzahr's mission, maybe she has a connection with Amber Jack (Or someone else within the Harpers) from previous adventures and managed to infiltrate a group of mercenaries working for the Magi of Thay, or people posing as such, thereby being able to join their group to use the portal back to Thay without awakening suspicion ? Or passing herself in as one of the slaves sent back to Azabara's (Maybe using the Disguise Self spell she enjoys so…) ?

In any case, here is Jharen's d8 roll for his hit dice at level 6.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 27th Jun, 2017 - 3:21am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, Mari has changed quite a bit as we have played along. I feel that the Assassin archetype is more fitting for her now with her background.

Cinder, would you like to go in half on platinum rings. You would be out 50 gold coins and Lia would cast warding bond on Velon for every combat pretty much.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jun, 2017 - 3:31am

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

This is a good time for everyone to further roleplay out relationships etc. It would be a good time for Fay to speak with Mari more to resolve a little of the mystery. Hint hint.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 278 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Discounting the valuables from Greenest, which I presume got returned unspoiled, the party finds coinage and valuables worth 15,486 gp, mostly from the rooms of the Commanders in the cave.

In addition, each party member gains a purse of 500 gp for the completed Harper contract. Mari, Velon, and Fay are also rewarded this amount for their part, even though they had not signed on from the start.

Two items found in Cratol's backpack turn out to be magical in spite of initial appearances. The slender metal rod attached to some silk rope is a grappling hook of sorts. On command, it sprouts claws and digs itself firmly into whatever surface it is thrown against, or releases its grip. The other is a luckstone. Once attuned, the one carrying it receives a +1 bonus to saves and ability checks.

You find that Onwen left behind the "CTscan" disc, it can be used to view things within the body of a living being. It has trouble doing the same with plants, and doesn't work at all on dead creatures or objects. Its use grants advantage on medicine checks to diagnose and treat wounds that go below the surface.

The staff looted by Nyzahr from the kobold sorcerer back during the fight in Greenest (I think we both forgot about the thing), can be used as an arcane focus. If so, the DC of any spells cast through it increase by 1.

A ring is found that grants advantage on initiative checks. It requires attunement.

A blue crystal is also found that turns out to be a rather versatile item. When attached to a weapon, it adds 1d6 lightning damage to its effect. When attached to a suit of metallic armor, the bearer gains resistance to lightning.

Finally, a glove is found that is capable of storing a single item. The item is shrunk and hidden within the palm. Storing or retrieving something takes a free action.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:37pm

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Wow, interesting stuff to divide up. How does everyone want to do this fairly? I am less concerned with an item like the ctscan disk that would be used out of combat and benefit the whole group regardless of who holds it. Some of the other items are quite powerful for the individual though. Perhaps the blue crystal should go to Poljen, Cratol, or someone else who typically attacks at least twice per round with their primary weapon? Might as well make the most of it, I'd think!

Does anyone have a particularly clever use for the 'glove of storing'? Perhaps we should find a keep and touch it with the glove *smile* Instant free fortress for the Blaze! wink.gif

Daishain and team, how many people should we be dividing the gold up between? Just players, or include other characters like Mari, Geoffroy's sister, etc.?

Velon would be most pleased to split the cost of the rings for Warding Bond with Lia. It sounds like it's extremely powerful! In discussing this with her and going shopping together he'd probably be quite interested in getting to know her better, especially if he could speak to her without Fay standing in between scowling at him. He's not falling all over her, flirting hard, or putting on the heavy charm as Fay would Mari, he's just getting to know her. He would just be joking around and teasing as he does with everyone; well, ok maybe just a tad bit more than with the others *wink* Happy to role play this or take it to the side stories, or whatever.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I should note that the wearer of the glove of storing has to be carrying the object in question to store it. Sorry, no transportable keeps.

Generally speaking, cohorts are considered as part of the character they follow. You guys can feel free to decide otherwise, but I would divide things up among the actual PCs.

Oh, almost forgot, Ash, you can add 1000 gp to Amber Jack's equipment budget. You'll be behind the others, but not horribly so.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 278

Very nice. My calculations show 2212 gold pieces each from the loot plus 500 each from the Harpers. Time to go shopping *smile*

We can post in the side story thread Cinder if you wish for when they are shopping. It's always fun to build bonds between characters.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jun, 2017 - 4:00pm

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 278

Poljen will quickly return the silence stone when asked. He assumes that if it needed for him to use it, it will be handed over. Party property and all that. Besides, he has his torch stone, and his telescope. Both are always at the party's disposal.

Daishain, with that much cash/loot for the gang to divvy up, Poljen will definitely buy the slightly more expensive trained eagle. I will come up with a name and description in the next day or two. He should also have enough left over I would hope to buy either a Ring of Protection or an enchanted shield. If I recall, a ring would not only boost his AC, but some saving throws, right? If so, that is what I would prefer. If you can tell me what such things run I will make my final call when I write up the 6-month jump.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.