Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 358 of 948

I have to agree in that Silas as a great addition - Page 358 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Aug, 2017 - 7:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2017 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 358

I'm going to roll my rest healing here. I'm using 2d8 Hit Dice plus the d6 from Fay.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2017 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I have what may be a really dumb question. Maybe I am thinking of a different game, but did Poljen end up with a gem that does an extra d6 of lightning damage? I have been scrolling back through the pages, but have not found it for sure. I fear I have been neglecting it.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2017 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yep you did, I forgot about it as well. Attaches to a single weapon, adds 1d6 shock damage. I should note while I'm thinking about it that it does not get multiplied on a [Critical Hit].

If you're curious, it is a Crystal of Energy assault, shamelessly stolen from 3.5e's Magic Item Compendium.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2017 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 358 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thanks. I will try to remember all that in the future. And everyone is hereby given leave to remind me when I inevitably forget. And call me, "Knucklehead."

Post Date: 20th Aug, 2017 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, time to lay a few things out.

First of all, I hope you guys liked traveling with Silas. There had always been a dragon who gave word of the stolen mask, but I decided to have a bit of fun, make it more personal, and replaced her with Silas. This version of him has been heavily modified as to avoid overshadowing the group too much (Original version could've soloed that run without taking a hit), but he is one of my longest running characters, a Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple built for the Pathfinder game system. Dragon Disciple is a prestige class that does exactly what Silas was describing to Velon, letting the user take on increasingly powerful attributes of a dragon. Actually permanently being a dragon is not part of it, but such is a natural conclusion for after a campaign is over.

As the group goes forward, I hope to have Prestige Classes available in some form by the time you guys are level 10. Probably in the form of hard to qualify for feats that embody some of the more unique abilities offered to PrCs. Yes, that will include an option for Velon to follow in Silas' footsteps to some degree.

P.S. For Cinder, Warlocks are not necessarily evil. Even one with a Fiend Patron may have been marked by a fiend unwillingly, rather than choosing it, and a lot of archfey warlocks are likely to be dedicated to good along with their patrons. That said, it would likely at the least be seen as a change in focus and dedication.

Post Date: 20th Aug, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

So, is it not possible that the one providing the magic/inspiration to Velon the Warlock is Bahamut? I don't believe there is a clerical group devoted to Bahamut… he might could be considered one of the Old Ones… if the Dungeon Master allowed. Or perhaps the Dungeon Master would allow a fifth group of patrons for Faerun and include Chromatic and Platinum dragon in that group.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2017 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 358

Very cool that we could consider your customized prestige classes eventually!

Even without Velon's dragon blood connection I think the addition of Silas was great. Good NPC's (Or 'DMPC's) make the experience much more immersive and can be just as memorable as PC's to some. I need to keep working on mine if I am ever to Dungeon Master my first campaign as a custom one. Our PC's got to make a friend and work with a much higher level character like they some day might become, but the dungeon was still a challenge. Granted we had Silas's reactions to the situations to give us clues as to the severity of the situations, but there were still moments where I was concerned for the well being of the party, like having no idea when the shield might come down and gorgons may come charging in.

Yeah good points on warlock. A change of focus is not what Velon would do or want right now. He's just getting hit with all kinds of information to consider about following the teachings of Silas.

21st Aug, 2017 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 358

The Quiet Shadow says...

I have to agree in that Silas as a great addition to the campaign and hope to see him make an appearance in the future. I will offer, particularly for those who might consider him a DMNPC, that you handled things well and have brought an enjoyable experience for all those involved.

In many cases, at least in the eyes of players, Dungeon Master controlled characters that play too strong into the campaign and feel invasive. For you to have brought in Silas and most everyone feeling his inclusion was memorable or worthy of praise. Largely because of how some cannot do it well without upsetting the players or stealing the spotlight from them so as to have your own character in the campaign.

Well, I feel that is something to bring to attention when it comes to your skill and ability as the Dungeon Master, Daishain.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 21st Aug, 2017 - 7:27pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.