Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 50 of 91

"She is new and does not know us. I am - Page 50 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Feb, 2017 - 3:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 91 pgs.  46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 50

Jesla returns to enforcing order in Freehold. She is harsh on any wrongdoers. The barbarian doesn't seem to be her usual self. She can't stop thinking about her drowning in that dream. She decides to approach Kresnik one day. " Can we talk Kresnik?" She looks at him. " I have something that is bothering me. The night before the Davik situation was ... Handled… Theaton and I had a shared dream. He was being held by Charon in a boat in the river. I was held above the water by spirits. Davik ordered them to pull me down into the river. I... Was held underwater until I drowned. I woke up feeling like I had drowned and was weakened. "

Jesla looks uncertain. " I'm not a very good swimmer even in tiger form. This makes me not want to enter deeper water. Does this dream mean anything? Will this happen to me one day? Is it a sign? Dying on the battlefield is one thing. Dying helpless like that.." She shudders in memory.of it.

Out of Character: : I know that the downtime rules don't mention it but is it possible to retrain my favored class? I originally took the bonus hitpoints every level but now I'm hoping I can change that to bonus skill points each level if possible.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Feb, 2017 - 2:08pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Kresnik sadly says, "This dream was sent to torture you, and was constructed for that purpose. The fact that it still haunts your mind means it did its job well."

"But a portent? I doubt it. The future is very, very difficult to perceive so clearly, let alone to force another to experience their fate."

"And then there's the inherent flaw in telling the future. Even if Davik was the most powerful Seer I have ever heard of, and did show you a glimpse of your future, it was still only a possibility, and not even necessarily a likely possibility. Some events are more likely than others, a small handful are even truly inevitable. But for the most part, we define our fate by our choices, not the other way around."

"We can be certain that you will die one day, there's no true escape from that. You might drown one day, I won't lie, that is possible. You might also die gloriously in battle, or in bed surrounded by dozens of Kellid grandchildren, a hero who saved your tribe. You might also trip over a rock and break your neck tomorrow. There is no being that can tell you with certainty which if any of these will occur. But one thing is certain, if you let your fears define your life, that life won't be one to be happy with, or proud of."

"Come to think on it. Would you care to go swimming sometime soon? There's a spell I can call upon that lets people breath water as if it were air for a long period of time. You can defy that dream, and maybe have a little fun in the process."

Out of Character: Presuming there's nothing else to pay attention to during the next week, using 5 days downtime with his skill as an alchemist to earn some additional funds, with an eye to reinvest it into capital next month.

P.S. Come to think of it, are we using the unchained rules for skills? Doesn't make a difference right now, but it might later on.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Feb, 2017 - 4:06pm

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton looks to Jesla, "Being one with nature you learn a lot and find friends who can be help and who you yourself can help in return." Indicating the fey, "These are people I call friends and they are very good at giving me information of what is going on in the area. Yes, this Davik was put to rest but I feel that it was a sacrifice to him. I hope that nothing more comes of this but we will have to wait and see. I am not one to follow the wills of a unnatural creature and they should be destroyed. Now that this is over I will continue the quest I originally promised and finish exploring the lands in the original charter. You are free to return back to town or you can accompany me."

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 50 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla nods. " I hope I can be friends with them as well. I'm glad that you haven't changed your approach to this. I feel the same way. I will never forget that drowning dream. " She looks at the others across the river. " Sure, I'll go with you. I would stay in the wilderness all the time if I could. " She grins and makes ready to depart.

Out of Character: : I posted thinking that we were all back in the city. Daishain, that exchange still stands. It will occur when she returns.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Feb, 2017 - 4:03pm

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

"I am sure you will be friends with them. They may cause you some stress with some pranks but if you allow them their fun and do not get angry with them all will be well." Turning to Bal switching to sylvan, "I hope your river is clear now. I wish you luck on clearing the river of the bridge debris. If the two bodies still reside in your river send them down to the lake so they bother you and your waters no more. If they resist let me know and I will assist you with their removal." Theaton gets up and heads back down river with White Fang and Jesla. "It seems I left most of my stuff with my horse. Do you think it was taken to town or was it brought to the other camp site before our trek upriver."

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2017 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

On their way back to Freehold, Kresnik asks Archival and Mykael to ride a little away from Kyra and the cavalry archers, "Sirs, we need to finish our discussion on how to handle Jesla and Theaton. I don't think we can afford to just ignore the matter, but they did mean well, and we can ill afford to lose those two either."

Out of Character: would rather not exclude Kyra here, but while Kresnik is getting to like her, this is a sensitive issue and she's still an outsider with uncertain motivations.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2017 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 50

Jesla thinks for a moment. " Horse? I had forgotten all about our horses. I prefer my own two or four feet. The horses are probably at the last camp site. That's my hope anyways. I can handle covering all of this territory on foot. Others here might not be able to do the same. " She winks.

She is quiet for a little bit as they walk along. " So, what do you think of Kyra? She does seem to dislike our viewpoint. I think I might have offended her earlier. I have no words of guile. I just speak how I feel. "

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 50

"She is new and does not know us. I am sure there are a few that would not take our viewpoint and many because they do not know the full story or they just do not want to hear it. I would not worry about Kyra. She will either come around and learn that not everything in the world is black and white or she will not be happy. There is a lot of grey areas in the path of life we just have to learn to accept that. If she was offended then she will have to get over it. You are my friend and I will stand by you as long as you remain with us."

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.