Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 85 of 91

"I have no issues with shapeshifters - Page 85 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th May, 2017 - 8:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 91 pgs.  81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 85

Jesla nods. " Yes, Kundal. We can help you in this. It isn't your fault. Just let us help you and you can regain control of your life. I know you don't want to be doing all kinds of horrible things without knowing it. You will start doing that if we don't help you. No harm will come to you. We won't tell anyone else so your secret is safe with us. "

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Theaton looks to the others. "What says the rest of you. Is there a way to cure or help this man. I believe he is unaware of his changes on the nights of the full moons."

Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Kresnik speaks up, "My sources tell me that an infusion of Belladonna can help counteract the curse. It is not a perfect cure Kundal, it will simply weaken the curse's hold for a time, and give you a chance to break its hold yourself. You should be capable of it, I know firsthand from Jesla that the tales of Kellid fortitude are not merely hearsay, but I cannot vouch for how hard it will be."

"I should warn you though, this is dangerous, Belladonna is poisonous. We can keep trying if the first attempt fails, but I would recommend waiting at least a day between attempts."

Out of Character: I forgot to mention it before, but Kresnik would have asked that a dose be prepared or prepared one himself as the situation demanded on hearing about the potential cure. Can I assume one is ready now?

For context, when I looked into it after Icon confirmed that this method was both available and known, belladonna allows a repeat of the original fortitude save to resist the curse. There is no listed limit on how often this can be repeated that I could find, but I think that just sitting there guzzling the stuff until one passes is a little ridiculous.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 14th May, 2017 - 4:46pm

Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 85 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

"What of a cleric and a remove curse spell? Would this be a possibility? I do not think this man wants this upon him so we should do what we can to help him. While I am not very familiar with this sort of thing I know that if one does not want this it is curse while others would were born with it find it a blessing. I would think if this was thrust upon a person unwillingly then there should be a way of removing without death. How would we subject a person to possible death if we are not sure it will work or not?"

Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

"I looked into that possibility as well. My understanding is that it can be removed with a spell like lesser curses. However, the caster must be one of great power. I cannot manage it, nor could any else in Kamelarn."

"We could ask for assistance from others outside of this nation, but it could take quite some time, if ever, before Kundal gets assistance that way."

"If we want a resolution before the next moon, I think the Belladonna is the only option we have."

"Kundal, I understand you don't like magic, but if you are willing to allow me, I can use spells to mitigate some of the risks. Make it more likely you will succeed in throwing off the curse, and potentially remove the poison if you react badly to the belladonna. Both would require waiting until morning, as I am not prepared to cast either spell now."

Out of Character: werewolf curse specifically states only a 12th+ level cleric can remove it with Remove Curse. I imagine Icon would let a 12+ level Oracle do the same, but that doesn't help quite yet.

Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesla looks at Kundal and then the others. " Maybe we should ask him if he wishes to stay a werewolf. If so we could try to help him gain control over his other form. It isn't inherently evil. It's another tool that can be used for good or evil. "

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 85

"An option, but dangerous in its own right. Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, accepting and mastering the other form includes taking on aspects of its mental persona even when not shifted."

"In the case of a weretiger, or a werebear, this isn't usually a problem, as those varieties of lycanthrope are not compelled to actions others can reasonably call evil. Werewolves on the other hand are compelled to kill and maim, among other horrific actions. I don't know if control of such is even possible in the long run, and the attempt could turn Kundal into a vicious and savage killer even in human form."

Out of Character: a lycanthrope (Who was infected rather than born as such) aware of the affliction must make a Wisdom save every time they shift (DC15+number of times they've been in animal form), or permanently assume the other form's alignment regardless of current form. That would be Chaotic Evil in the case of a werewolf. So, frankly, that change in mentality is inevitable.

Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 85

"I have no issues with shapeshifters what so ever. If he wants to keep this shapeshifting form that is fine with me but he needs to be in control of such and therefore responsible for their actions while in the animal form. IS this something you wish Kundal?"

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.