Fantasy Worlds

Fantasy Worlds - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 11:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Worlds
A Friend

Fantasy Worlds

Quick question for everyone. If you were able to be magically transplanted to a fantasy world, which would it be? You can specify whether it would be for a visit or to stay long term. I'm curious to hear what everyone says.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Worlds
A Friend

Worlds Fantasy

That's actually a rather tough question. Most fantasy worlds are ultimately not very pleasant places to be for a long period, if only because strife is needed to keep stories moving.

I think my pick would be Arda (Tolkien's world), during a peaceful portion of the first or second age. That would likely be for the sake of an extended vacation, but not on a permanent basis.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Worlds
A Friend

Fantasy Worlds UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

You have a good point. Arda would be very close to the top of my list as well. I need to think on it a little more. It would be great to see the Noldor at the height of their power and not in decline as they are in the 3rd age. I love the Silmarillion for the glimpses into the previous ages. Wish they would make a movie from part of it. Can you imagine seeing Feanor, greatest of the Noldor?

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 2nd Jan, 2017 - 10:01pm

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Worlds
A Friend

Worlds Fantasy

I'm not so sure, not because I wouldn't like seeing such a thing, but because I'm not sure they'd handle it well. They'd have to expand on the tale a great deal, as it was written more as a history than a story. I'm not sure there are any hollywood writers I'd trust with that degree of free hand.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Worlds
A Friend

Worlds Fantasy

That's true. It's really a shame though. The characters in the Lord of the Rings are just shadows of what the people were like in the first age. Fingolfin, one of the Elven Kings rode out alone to fight Morgoth. Morgoth was far more powerful than Sauron was. I believe it was Feanor who died charging the enemy stronghold. He died after killing half a dozen balrogs if I remember right. The third age troubles were child's play compared to what everyone faced with Morgoth.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Worlds
A Friend

Fantasy Worlds

Ooh, come to think of it, I might have to change my answer to Narnia.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2017 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Worlds
A Friend

Fantasy Worlds

Oh, good choice as well. I did say I needed more time. I need to think more on this still. Narnia would be a good visit as well. It had long periods of peace and would be amazing to see. I know one that I would avoid. Westeros I.e. Game of Thrones. The tv series is harsh but the books even more so. It would not be a fun place to be very long, especially not for women.

2nd Jan, 2017 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Worlds Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

The world of Disboard would be interesting to visit, a world that centers around games.

It is from the manga/anime No Game No Life. This fantasy world being one, by the command of the settings' "One True God" Tet, where all conflict is resolved by playing a games. How? Well…

international QUOTE
"There, a spell known as the Ten Pledges prevents the citizens of Disboard from inflicting harm on one another, forcing them to resolve their differences by gambling with games whose rules and rewards are magically enforced. In-game, rule enforcement only occurs when the method of cheating is acknowledged and outed by the opponent, allowing players to cheat through discreet methods."

----------

Another I would want to go to, perhaps permanently, is the multiverse of Magic the Gathering. This one particularly if I was able to be one with the Spark, a Planeswalker where I could travel the many different planes and experience all the multiverse has to offer myself.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Jan, 2017 - 11:20pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Fantasy Worlds

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,