Anonymous Surfing

Anonymous Surfing - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 12th Mar, 2017 - 3:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Anonymous Surfing

Your 'anonmyized' web browsing history may not be anonymous

Researchers have written computer programs that found patterns among anonymized data about web traffic and used those patterns to identify individual users. The researchers note web users with active social media are vulnerable to the attack. Ref. Source 7o.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jan, 2017 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Surfing Anonymous

We can't think that we are anonymous or safe on the internet anymore. If you use Facebook, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, or any other website with a profile (Where you enter a name, birth date, or other identifying information), then you can and will be tracked. Even if you try to use 'anonymous' browsers by clearing history or cookies, it won't be enough unless you do it after every website you visit. The only true way to stay anonymous is to use your home internet for browsing your identifying stuff and a VPN or other constantly changing IP when browsing everything else. It is a lot of work and not very easy to do. Any free or simple VPN or anonymizing software will likely fail to completely provide you with the privacy you think it does.

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2017 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Anonymous Surfing
A Friend

Anonymous Surfing Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I agree, the VPN seems to be the only safe way these days. I bet all they do is look at your ISP and correlate activity times with non-anonymous usage. "X is on from 2-5 AM normally, so when Y site was visited 'anonymously' we can assume it was X accessing it."

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2017 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Anonymous Surfing
A Friend

Surfing Anonymous

Yes with the ISP it pretty much brings it to the computer you are using thus even if you are trying to be anonymous you really are not.

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2017 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Anonymous Surfing
A Friend

Surfing Anonymous

I know governments pay good money for true anonymizers. They are hard to come by. A crawler with that ability is worth it's bits in gold.

12th Mar, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Anonymous Surfing

Any thoughts on making use of a TOr browser for anonymous internet use? From what I have researched it is the best choice for those that want to keep themselves invisibleā€¦ for whatever reasons they may have for doing so.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Mar, 2017 - 3:37pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2017 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Anonymous Surfing
A Friend

Anonymous Surfing

I recently acquired a federal job. As such, while going through the fine print on a website (Before accepting the stipulations), I noticed a warning stating that if accepted they reserved the right to access whatever system I used to login remotely at any time and for any reason. I think that alone would be enough to make me want to use something like TOR. Sadly, I know nothing about it - but I'd like to learn. Especially since otherwise I'm going to have to trek to the local library every time I want to login to that website. How exactly does it work? Is it free? Is it secure?

12th Mar, 2017 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Anonymous Surfing Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I can confirm it is definitely free, an open source software. On its security, if you use it as directed, is probably the most secure you are likely to get.

One notable direction being not to going full screen, seemingly important to the process. It works in part by changing your location and giving you a false VPN which hides you and your device from tracking.

It has been a while since I have used it myself, so I would have to get back with you on more detail. From what I have found though, it is the go to browser if one wants anonymous browsing. Both for legal and illegal activity as well it being used to enter the deep web.

Yet that final detail is for another thread perhaps.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Anonymous Surfing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,